Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Ok, on a friends car we installed a S205 Turbo. we today wanted to finish the setup of the car. Mapping up to 1.3-1.5 bar was all ok.

After we wanted to go for proper boost (2.1-1.9bar). The car struggled to hold boost we could get a peak of 2.2 but no more hold then 1.7 (also then didn`t make siginificant power gain, except some torque). We checked preload and the actuator and all apexi connections etc.

After we measured backpressure in the exhaust manifold before the turbo.
At 1.7-1.8 bar we have a full 3.8 bar backpressure, which seems Very much to me. ( as my understanding is that it shouldn`t be much more then the absolute boost pressure you`re running on the intake side) For me this seems to be a sign of a too small turbo (hotside).

Apart from that the car is a Evo9, with a full (no restrictions) 3" exhaust. rod job, fuelling, etc. apart from a original exhaust manifold (could that cause the problem?).

all this seems quite strange to me, as i`ve read many good report about it on here.

anyone have experienced similar issues or has ideas?

Many thanks

ps. sorry for possible spelling mistakes

·
Premium Member
8,870 Posts
Dump valve leaking? Mine wouldn't hold more than 1.8 bar, changed to a Forge Motorsport and everything was fine.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turbo elbow is the uprated one from tt.
Dumpvalve already changed for a forge item.

All checked for boost leaks.
Yes, must be the wastegate opening due to the high backpressure in the manifold, which in my eyes is just not healthy and way to high....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts