Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got round to downloading my pictures from the Tsukuba Time Attack event in December, some pictures I took below, awesome to finally see a Japanese Time Attack event in person, the cars they have over there, amazing, not really tuner cars, more like full-on race cars would be more a more accurate description. I also had a meeting with the organisers and we have some plans in motion about bringing a couple of the cars to the UK Time Attack Series this year if all goes as I expect.

UK Time Attack kicks off in April at Donington btw, the full calendar is being released soon ;)

Anyway, my pix here, not exactly the most amazing but gives an idea of what I saw whilst there:

Tsukuba's paddock entrance

Me and Mr Ito, President of Do-Luck Japan

Andy :)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
nice pictures and some mental looking cars. :)
thats 1 hell of a front lip on that 1st white evo v/vi :)

would love the chance to be able to go to something like that.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Andy Barnes said:
I also had a meeting with the organisers and we have some plans in motion about bringing a couple of the cars to the UK Time Attack Series this year if all goes as I expect
Ever thought of doing it vice versa as well.. or even a drag event as well UK vs Japan, I'd pay alot to see that :coolsm:

Get the jap boys up to knockhill, they'll love the hilly circuit (and the golf!) :D

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Man thats awesome!!!! Im looking to get my car to Tsukuba some time in the next two years!!!Wana drag my mate along who drives an R32 GTR

And as for the JP vs UK time attack, sadly I think we would not stand a chance!!! (we being the english hehe)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
When are the UK time attack pro boys going to go to Tsukuba and put in a super lap time? :D

Was just discussing that the other day here . That would be cool to find out what times they could get :cool:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pix

They are awesome to see in the flesh, considering, say the extent of Norris's car, not that there are cut and shuts over there :D , but imagine seeing a whole paddock of cars of that caliber and modification, that was what it is like, amazing.

I dont have any spec lists or video, sorry, I was just attending the event to have a look around and speak to the organisers.

You mention about UK guys going to Japan and this was also discussed, its not as far fetched as it sounds although its quite a task to organise and finance it.

Whlist highly successful in its first year, I think a few people stood off from Time Attack in 2006 from not knowing what it was really about or not understanding how cool it is to witness. MLR supported it big time though ;)

There are a few plans which are being put into action for this year which will be annouced after the Autosport show ( where you will see Norris's and RC's new car on display on our official Time Attack stand ) which support and move Time Attack even further, its going to be a great year.

There are people now building cars specifically for Time Attack, either brand new builds or people moving from drag racing and concentrating on Time Attack instead which is awesome.

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
:adore: TIME ATTACK :adore:

I love the whole idea behind it, the way it works, the cars, the look of the cars and cant wait to get to all the rounds in 2007 - i just think as it takes off its going to be mindblowing !

I feel like a kid on xmas morning seeing those pictures ! :D

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Awesome cars & pics - Cheers :D

I think I read that the HKS EVO ran a 53.999s on the Option day a few days earlier too :D

My m8 Jon is building a 650bhp NASCAR engined Lotus Esprit and is going to enter it in Time Attack I think :eek:

Cheers :)

Rog

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
If hes your mate Rog im gonna have to black ball him:D

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
LOL - I think trying to fit a NASCAR engine and Porsche GT gearbox to his Esprit race car, and then learn to drive it is more than enough trouble for him :crackup:

Looking like an Awesome series this year m8 - Well Done :D

Rog

1 - 14 of 14 Posts