Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Catalytic converter, it is part of the exhaust system. EVO VI's as standard should already have a 'cat', if it has been modified in any way or form the first thing to go is usually the 'cat' to reduce back pressure that in turn improves turbo spool up.

Anyway, once you have got it you can remove the 'cat' but make sure you bolt it back on for the MOT as it will likely fail its exhaust emission test.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
How easy is it to swap these the cat and decat pipe around? I've got no decent jacks or ramp to put the car up on so I assume that would be the biggest issue to swapping them around just before and after an MOT. Mind you I didn't even have an emissions test for my MOT this year, don't know why, perhaps the tester couldn't be @rsed or didn't have the base data for the Evo.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
hobbers said:
How easy is it to swap these the cat and decat pipe around? I've got no decent jacks or ramp to put the car up on so I assume that would be the biggest issue to swapping them around just before and after an MOT. Mind you I didn't even have an emissions test for my MOT this year, don't know why, perhaps the tester couldn't be @rsed or didn't have the base data for the Evo.
Assuming you do not have a 3.5" exhaust fitted you should be able to swap the cat over in about 5-15 mins as its only 4 bolts holding it in place. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts