Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am still hunting 4 that Evo 2 own (got my eye on a GSR 6, viewing Fri) but what i want 2 know is: NON Evo owners keep telling me of horror stories about owning 1, how u cant leave them parked anywhere 4 fear of been nicked, and people following you home and demanding yr keys, usually by threatening force i.e a sawn off shotgun...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It happens, it happens with Scoobys too - but a handful of incidents does not make it a common occurence! THe majority of members here have never experienced that.

All I get are adoring looks from girls!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with Blade on this one, not heard any real horror stories from members.

I must admit I tend to be careful where I park though as I would with any decent motor.

Brian
PR/ Mag

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know of somebody who advertised his Ferrarri, guy arrives for test drive and off they go. Buyer asks to drive and as the change seats he pulls a gun and makes off with the car. Does this mean that you shouldn't buy a Ferrarri as well. No, of course not. We drive objects of desire, well amongst some ;) and therefore people will on occassions try to part you from your car. But do you stop buying a sterio, TV, video etc because people mught break into your house? Ok course not. You take precautions.

What the hell I am trying to say above? Buy the car and be sensible. Don't park down dark alleys in dodgy areas etc. And don't worry.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was paranoid about mine for about a week. I think because the majority of people don't know what the hell it is, they aren't interested. Kids wanting to joy ride know that it will have a decent alarm/ immobiliser.

It's not worth becoming paranoid, otherwise you'll never own anything decent. Get one, you won't regret it. Gotta go, the killer dogs in the garage haven't been fed yet! :)

P

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yo smudger.....

if you're real worried just get a 7 instead of a 6 http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, no one will nick a seven...;)

seriously though where do you live? I live out in the sticks where car crime is pretty unusual, however go on business to manchester/bolton (well dodgy-especially the tart in the pink pvc minidress but thats another story:)) etc. i've had no probelms although a collegue had his Passat broken into (very easy if you know how) and pc nicked.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just buy 2 cars like I have. 1 for fun and 1 for every day. That way you dont get any hassle just admiring looks. Oh and lock your doors when driving in the EVO espeacialy in Bolton.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have some common sense, like Simon said, don't park in dark alleys, don't show off too much you might start to #### envious people off and end up with a scratch if not worse. Install immobilizer and enjoy your Evo:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts