Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum, I've got a evo 8 which hasn't been run in a few months, I've gone to start today which was flat so jumped and run fine, I topped up oil as it needed some and when I started again it started idling at 2500rpm and not dropping, after a few minutes started dropping off then jumping back up and down, I'm guessing air flow sensors but have read a bit about due to battery being disconnected resetting idle on Ecu? Any ideas on what could be causing this ? Cheers

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
battery gone flat probably caused this, you can either just use it and it will improve over time, or disconnect the battery for 20 secs then re-connect, then go through the learn proccess. start and let it tick over for 10 mins with everything electrical switched off, then switch everything electrical on, rear demister, headlights, aircon, heaters etc ( I dont bother with wipers, indicators), and leave it running for another 10 mins, should be better, then it will continue to learn as you drive it

Stu

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,846 Posts
Just had battery disconnected so it could be charged up today myself. Cold weather saps it after 2 weeks of no driving! When reconnected Ran for 10 mins without anything on then 5 mins with the headlamps then another 5 with the rear heater then for good measure another 10 with the aircon/heater on to warm me up (leave bonnet open to help cooling). Ran the car for nearly an hour - not as good as driving but now shows 13V on the guage. Will drive it Sunday AM.

Reactions: Hooky
1 - 4 of 4 Posts