Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE JUST BOUGHT AN HKS SUPPER DRAGGER EXHAUST FOR MY EVO 6. WHEN IVE COME TO PUT IT ON IVE FOUND IT WONT FIT. ONE OF THE BRACKETS ON THE BACK BOX DOES NOT LINE UP AND THE CENTRE SECTION COME STRAIGHT ACCROSS THE PROP AND DOES NOT LINE UP WITH THE DECAT. ALSO THE FLANGE IS A LOT SMALLER THAN THE ONE ON THE DECAT.

IAM WONDERING IF I HAVE BEEN SENT THE WRONG EXHAUST MAYBE IVE BEEN SENT AN EVO 5 SYSTEM INSTEAD. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN THESE TWO, OR AM I MISSING A SECTION. I ONLY RECIEVED THE BACK BOX AND CENTRE SECTION AS I AM ONLY REPLACING FROM THE DECAT BACK. THE DECAT I HAVE FITTED IS A MAGNEX AND I WAS TOLD IT WOULD FIT A HKS EXHAUST.

I WOULD BE GRATEFULL IF SOMEONE COULD HELP AS MY SUPPLIER IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE WEEKEND.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mossy,
There is no difference between the 5 and amp; 6 systems , I think the 4 is the same 2 .

If the flange is smaller than the decat it sounds like the wrong pipe section ,. Which bracket doesn't line up on the backbox , HKS systems r known 4 exact installation so again sounds like the wrong box !!

The main point is that the decat pipe outlet position and flange size is the reference position 4 any replacement exhaust , HKS , Blitz , Magnex wotever , if yours doesn't line up something is way wrong.

Email me if u c this within the next 30 mins or so (I'm out after that)
and I'll give u my phone no.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EVOBOY.

THE BRACKET THAT DOES NOT LINE UP ON THE BACK BOX IS THE ONE THAT IS NEAREST TO THE CENTRE OF THE CAR IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN, ITS ABOUT 4 OFF. ALSO IF YOU TRY AND LINE THE BRACKETS UP ON THE CENTRE PIPE THEN THE END OF THE CENTRE SECTION IS POINTING TO THE RIGHTHAND SIDE OF THE CAR.

NOW THAT YOU HAVE SAID THAT THE 5 AND 6 SYSTEMS ARE THE SAME IT MAKES ME THINK THAT THE CENTRE SECTION MIGHT BE FOR A 7, THATS IF THEY HAVE MADE ONE YET. ANYWAY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP ITS NARROWED THE POSSIBILITIES DOWN.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the decat pipe maybe fitted back to front . the bolts will line up just!, but thurther down the pipe it wont line up properly. i had this problem when fitting just the decat pipe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SORRY I NEVER REPLIED BACK BOYS. THE REASON THE EXHAUST WOULD NOT FIT WAS BECAUSE THEY HAD SENT ME AN EVO 2 SECTION. I ENDED UP HAVING TO WAIT ANOTHER WEEK BUT NOW IAM HAPPY AND HAVE NOTICED A BIG DIFFERANCE IN PICKUP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts