Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Matt

I'm very sorry to see that you recently entered into voluntary liquidation, hopefully it's nothing to serious?

Will you be back with MLR in the following year?

Grant

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Matt

I'm very sorry to see that you recently entered into voluntary liquidation, hopefully it's nothing to serious?

Will you be back with MLR in the following year?

Grant
Does not look promising for them.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07304832/filing-history
Page 5 of the statement of affairs pdf shows that part of the £69k debt hass them owing this forum £1000 and now the company is in liquidation the forum is unlikely to see that money.

·
Premium Member
7,809 Posts
Personally i don't think it's appropriate to be hanging dirty washing out on here without anyone knowing the circumstances.

·
Premium Member
9,976 Posts
Personally i don't think it's appropriate to be hanging dirty washing out on here without anyone knowing the circumstances.
I tend to agree however:

A) Nothing posted on this thread isn't readily available information with a 10 second search on google.

B) People who are still using or want to use TRL can now make a more informed decision.

Not sure if they are still trading but they were a couple of weeks back.

Most the debt seems to be director loans and wages/loan to Matt. Shame it doesn't look like it can be resolved as in the grand scheme of things £60,000 isn't much when engine builds can equal and escalate above £5000 each.

Hope everyone involved is ok, and that any added stress doesn't effect their Xmas.

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
agree also, but having seen what has happened in the past with companies closing down, i think its only right that anyone with a vehicle in the comapnies care is aware whats going on. Not saying this will go the same way, but as mentioned its all public info, and right that clients are aware

Stu

·
Premium Member
7,809 Posts
I tend to agree however:

A) Nothing posted on this thread isn't readily available information with a 10 second search on google.

B) People who are still using or want to use TRL can now make a more informed decision.

Not sure if they are still trading but they were a couple of weeks back.

Most the debt seems to be director loans and wages/loan to Matt. Shame it doesn't look like it can be resolved as in the grand scheme of things £60,000 isn't much when engine builds can equal and escalate above £5000 each.

Hope everyone involved is ok, and that any added stress doesn't effect their Xmas.
agree also, but having seen what has happened in the past with companies closing down, i think its only right that anyone with a vehicle in the comapnies care is aware whats going on. Not saying this will go the same way, but as mentioned its all public info, and right that clients are aware

Stu
That's fair enough people need protection, but for people to 'scroll' through companies house records (Moh) regardless of whether it's public knowledge and THEN post it on a public forum is a bit harsh and slightly vindictive. It's f***ing hard work running your own business without having your nose rubbed in it. Hopefully it's mainly the tax and vat man and the bank that's owed and not as has been mentioned the average working Joe's.

Reactions: stu8

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I mean the practice of it, not its posting.

This is a public forum, anything that can be found via a quick google should be allowed to be discussed on here.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
That's a shame to hear. Matt has been very helpful to me and my car over the years, going above and beyond at time for no labour charge to rectify a problem, so sad to hear things aren't going well for him now.

Admittedly this does now leave me with an issue that has been present ever since I last got the car back from him, but in the grand scheme of things I'm sure he has bigger things to worry about, and hopefully won't take much time or money for me to get it sorted elsewhere.

Overall, a very nice guy and so it's sad to see nice guys suffering.

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
Very naughty. :smthumbdo
seriously, whats naughty? seems people have little to no understanding! as a small business owner i have ploughed £1000's into it do you not think i'm entitled to claim it if it were to go tits up!:confused:

Reactions: DuncanIV

·
Premium Member
9,976 Posts
seriously, whats naughty? seems people have little to no understanding! as a small business owner i have ploughed £1000's into it do you not think i'm entitled to claim it if it were to go tits up!:confused:
I think you have to look at why though. Take away the two large loans/wages owed, leaves around £19,000 which I'm sure could of been worked through over time and cooperation from people.

Either way, it's a shame all around.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I'm self employed too so I know how it works.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts