Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up Triple C to read the Track Day Car of the Year report. The poor old EVO got a real pounding. In the main magazine the last page had an article called Snigger Saloon .

Why did it fair badly? One of the main reasons is that they didn't like its power delivery (boost either on or off). I for one would not like to pay the premium over a Megabusa and get no advantage.

Secondly the colour scheme featured is absolutely aweful. I thought they had learnt their lesson with the VI extreme. Red on the white looks positelvely Max Power . Thumbs down. I wouldn't mind getting smiles of respect with such a car, however I think most people would laugh and say plonker .

So I know I won't be gettig one, or even thinking about trading my VI for one.

PS. It made the SUBARU Impreza UK300 - look a |PLS|ve bargain.

even

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re:Triple C - VII Extreme

Don't forget that the eXtreme S is also available as just pure white (the BEST colour for all Evo's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I actually thought the white |PLS| orange colour coding of the previous extreme was an awesome colour!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Blowdog

The VI is certainly better than VII. Subjective though - I preferred the Silver and amp; Grey eXtreme.

Any feedback on your thoughts concerning the CCC article?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

The picture on page 28 shows the best Evo flame out picture I have ever seen, talk about lighting up the countryside!:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I believe you can order them in pretty much any colour you wish? Perhaps someone with more knowledge could confirm/deny this?

Either way, my personal opinion (so don't flame me for it please guys!:)) is that the current TI RBO Evo VII Extreme in Black with the silver decals, skirts and spoiler is the best looking Extreme so far. Very stealth, and very new millenium in it's look. Makes the VII look more aggresive than it's standard counterparts too methinks.

Black and silver, can't beat it IMHO :)

Red and white on the Extreme S looks good though, never been a real fan of it, except on this S, I dunno, it just looks right to me.

As with all things design, it's each to their own, no wrong and right really.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

For real stealth I went for no silver skirts etc. I think it sets the wheels off better because of the lack of silver. As for the Extreme S, I think it looks stunning and as all regulars will know, I don't go for tacky and in your face cars.

More importantly, many of you will have seen how upset I got with the CCC story and I still get mad about it. BlueEVO - nobody says plonker to a driver of an Extreme S. Firstly, they woudn't be able to get close enough to be heard and second, when they did catch you they would be too much in awe. Go and read the threads and comments from those of us who have driven one. And these views are not from young inexperienced drivers who don't know sh*t. We leave that to CCC journos. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Simon

Didn't mean to hit a nerve! I've had a VI since July 99, which is in your face enough for me. The S is the right spec, but the colour of the featured car is wrong, FOR ME. :)

I would hate to be seen in that lairy thing - sorry. Yes I drove a RS Sprint (thought it was fantastic) and the VI eXtreme and that was brilliant to drive too. Also asked Ralliart to have a go in the S , sometime this month, which I gues means next week and no douibt I will be drooling over its abilities. But if I was to buy one it would be in an all over colour - Silver or Black. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Hi Simon,

I like the sound of your VII all in black (my VI is black and think black sports cars look the dog danglies, bugger to keep clean though aren't they?:)).

Have you got any pics on the web anywhere, or perhaps you could email to me? Would like to see it.

Cheers

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts