Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
following a 1000 mile service. they had to remove the transportation blocks that had not been removed at PDI stage. there were two each about 5 x 3 and hard rubber. where would they have been and could it have been dangerous?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
normally put in suspension to stop the car moving on the suspension on board the ship from Japan (or wherever). Not sure why, perhaps to prolong life of shocks? or maybe b'coz the cars might bump against one another?

The effect would be to stop the suspension travel. Hence car would handle badly, spin easily etc. Generally not a good thing.

But i could be wrong about this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the ride quality before wasn't that bad..i don't think? now you said that maybe it has improved? i don't know? It certainly didn't spin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The blocks may have been put elsewhere. perhaps between engine and firewall. The basic idea is that there is alot of vibration/movement on board the vessel that is used for importing into the Uk (or wherever) and the blocks are used to protect/stop resonant vibration that this may cause in the car.

As such it cannot be a good thing to leave them in whilst the car is being driven. Having said that its unlikely to cause any damage.

In terms of the spinning, the grip on an evo is so prodigous that you are extremely unlikely to spin at any time. Its just that with the susepnsion effectively bottomed out (no travel left) on the rubber blocks it is more likely to spin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The blocks r used 2 pack the springs , this prevents the suspension using it's full travel which stops the front spoiler grounding when the car is driven off the ship , onto transporters , in the docks etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Block were in my Evo7 for the first 1000 miles! When they were found and amp; removed at the 1st service--didnt even notice the diFference!! Great car,309 bhp outa the box. Who could ask f' more.
Austin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts