1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
acting daft since 1969
19,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANYONE clued up

ive swopped my reg plates over from my van to my shogun

whats the crack with the tax discs ???

ive got the V5s back ,surly they would know that both things are TAX now ,so WHY dont they send new tax discs out ????

any one got any pointers

thing where SSSOOOO much easier when there was a local office that took 10 mins to do this ,so far its taken 5 weeks FFS :wallbang:

ta ric

·
Administrator
29,349 Posts
So do you just drive it with the new plates on and the old tax disc? (waiting for my paperwork to come back now.. and not sure what way round to do things :/ ) by the time they send my disc it will be renewal time I bet :lol:

·
Administrator
29,349 Posts
You are supposed to wait until you have your new tax disc (and MOT if applicable, they both come together)

They also include a form that you can take to have your new plates made up as you should normally show the V5 for this :smthumbup
Ta, but now I'm confused :lol:

So my car's V5 will have the new registration but I can't drive it until the MOT and Tax disc come back.. that's pants if it could take weeks.

·
acting daft since 1969
19,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YEAH im in the same boat mechell ,ive my new V5 ,V5 back with the old reg back on my van ,plates made today but i cant do diddly with them FFS

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I would just drive with the new plates on, tell them their on the way. It is the same when you order your tax disc online - you can drive with the old one in, the police can check if and when they need to PNC check your car.

You'd be in trouble driving the car on the wrong plates, but without the correct tax disc you should be fine.

·
Administrator
29,349 Posts
YEAH im in the same boat mechell ,ive my new V5 ,V5 back with the old reg back on my van ,plates made today but i cant do diddly with them FFS
PITA isn't it - and I don't even have the paperwork back yet!

I would just drive with the new plates on, tell them their on the way. It is the same when you order your tax disc online - you can drive with the old one in, the police can check if and when they need to PNC check your car.

You'd be in trouble driving the car on the wrong plates, but without the correct tax disc you should be fine.
Thanks :) yep seems like that is the 'lesser' illegal way to do it :lol: I might be lucky that they are all back and correct before I have to go out in the car. My real problem will be if they aren't back by the end of the month when the tax is due!! :lol:

·
Phil
11,023 Posts
Best to wait until new tax disc is sent. Otherwise I'm pretty sure you would have little defence if pulled over.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
Plates have to match the tax disc, patience Grasshopper(s) :D

·
Banned
6,473 Posts
Dosnt matter if you have tax disc or not as it will show on computer......you need to put the new plates on and tell your insurance or update mib if on traders........otherwise if something happens that vehicle isnt insured as the reg dosnt match the v5 and chasis number.....:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
20,181 Posts

·
Administrator
29,349 Posts
I already have the plates made up :D

·
Administrator
29,349 Posts
V5 came - Tax Disc came within a week - Insurance changed - plates are now on the car :D

·
acting daft since 1969
19,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mines all done and dusted but why it takes so long i dont know ,like i said it only used to take 10 mins in there local office

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Ric, it's called 'cost cutting' and makes sense to those who implement it, but not to anyone else!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts