Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above, what internal parts are needed for a full transfer box rebuild on an E6 keeping the original box

Could anyone specify prices for all parts needed. Cheers all

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for that, helpful. If that work was carried i.e replacing all bearings, seals & CWP it would be a brand new transfer box. How long should they last after a complete rebuild?

·
ADAPT AND OVERCOME
5,520 Posts
i have got a transfer box only thing it its missing the pinion but you can use ur original one have the ful crown and casing in ex condition its out of rs so im led to beleve

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
30 to 50 £ per bearing i think.
I changed the 4 bearings, the 8 seals, the rear shaft nut and the front diff spacers. I also changed the front diff bearings but Mitsu don't sell them, i had to made them.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
30 to 50 £ per bearing i think.
I changed the 4 bearings, the 8 seals, the rear shaft nut and the front diff spacers. I also changed the front diff bearings but Mitsu don't sell them, i had to made them.
Where did you source your front diff bearing spacers? You are talking about the shims that space the outer races that fit into the main transfer case and front diff housing are you? These are the ones that set the relationship between CW andpinion and set the bearing pre-load.

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
i replaced all the bearings in my 8 box

there was five in total 3 you can get from any bearing shop for a 1/4 of the cost. and 2 are specials and i couldn't get them any where .

i then found wayne at arneside can do them or co ordsport.

i got mine from co ordsport the 2 specials came to £130 the other 3 from spen bearings where £ 78

if not co ordsport does all of them :smthumbup

if any one is interested i have the 8 box still with all new bearings , needs crown and pinion

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Transfer Box Question for the gurus.......

I am going to need my transfer box refurbed/rebuilt sometime soon so am interested in the cost of a rebuilt box for an E6 GSR.

One performance garage offered to rebuild my 6 box using the innards from the evo 10 box (which they said are meant to be bombproof by comparison).

I've since heard this is not feasible. Can anyone clarify if this is possible/ has ever been done successfully??

Thanks people

·
Transmission Dynamics
7,805 Posts
Transfer Box Question for the gurus.......

I am going to need my transfer box refurbed/rebuilt sometime soon so am interested in the cost of a rebuilt box for an E6 GSR.

One performance garage offered to rebuild my 6 box using the innards from the evo 10 box (which they said are meant to be bombproof by comparison).

I've since heard this is not feasible. Can anyone clarify if this is possible/ has ever been done successfully??

Thanks people
Complete rubbish :rotz:

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Where did you source your front diff bearing spacers? You are talking about the shims that space the outer races that fit into the main transfer case and front diff housing are you? These are the ones that set the relationship between CW andpinion and set the bearing pre-load.

Cheers, Dave.
Take a look here :

COORDSPORTS

1 - 17 of 17 Posts