Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was in wimbledon town center this afternoon and stopped in a parking bay to look in a shop for a moment, thing is ,i took a bit longer than i expected,when i came out there was a traffic warden writng a ticket,i told him i was leaving but he replied "too late mate i've done it now"
i jumped in my car and drove off before he could put it on my windscreen
do you think i can get away with that saying that it was'nt put on my car therefore not valid ?or have i just shot myself inthe foot?
you opinions please
sean

·
Modulator
6,146 Posts
dssean said:
was in wimbledon town center this afternoon and stopped in a parking bay to look in a shop for a moment, thing is ,i took a bit longer than i expected,when i came out there was a traffic warden writng a ticket,i told him i was leaving but he replied "too late mate i've done it now"
do you think i can get away with that saying that it was'nt put on my car therefore not valid ?or have i just shot myself inthe foot?
you opinions please
sean
Hi sean , i have driven away from the wardens on many ocasion
in london :eek: , and have not had anything come through , but
you still might get the ticket in the post so just wait and see :(

mike.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Well the Father in Law had a Traffic Warden try this to him and lucky enough there was a nice bobby that told the father in law to drive off before he put the ticket on his window.

He did get a ticket but lucky enough he had the bobby as a witness and wrote a letter to the local counsel and they confirmed he did not have to pay.

So find yourself some witnesses ;)

·
Registered
24,444 Posts
Giz a fiver and i''l be ya witness :D

I got one two weeks ago :cry: the single yellow was covered in mud as they are building a new car park and the site traffice have made a right ole mess on the road, but i still never got away with it :mad:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
This has happened to me 3 times in London, the first 2 I never heard any more about it, the third one I got a letter/ticket.

If you do get the letter through the post you should still be ok as long as you can prove the ticket was not issued on to the car.

You'll need to write a couple of letters, details, times AND name of who was with you etc then they will drop it.

good luck

·
Registered
109 Posts
dssean said:
you opinions please
sean
Bad News you are likely to get a fine through the post.
There was a program on channel 4 about two weeks ago were a undercover reporter became a warden. While he was doing the job other wardens told him tricks of the trade one of them was issue the ticket even if you had gone as long as they had your number plate they would make some excuse while they did not give it to you. and you would only know after two weeks because if you paid within two weeks the fine was half price. You might be lucky but dont count on it, after all most of the money go to the council and they want every penny they can get :mad:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Bah!! :mad:
I really hate getting tickets.

I live in a residents parking area which requires you to display a permit the trouble is the good old local council are extremely loath to part with said permits.

Result they say the application is in the post and it doesnt turn up.
You also ask for a temporary permit and they come up with some excuse why you cant have one (if you've just bought the car the documentation you produce isnt adequate or if you use it for work its not your car so no permit)

Guess what they tell you to put a note in your windscreen stating your residence and yup thats right you get a ticket because it isnt a valid permit.

After 7 yes 7 successfully appealed tickets and over an hour in the local issuing office I now have a permit.

There has now been an alarming increase in the number of tickets issued in the vicinity of my house.

Perhaps trying to catch out any visitors as guess what its even harder to get a visitors permit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts