Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been seeing ever more incidents of certain MLR approved traders butting in on threads with nothing more than a "click here" or "we have such and such in stock" and other hard sell tactics. I'm all for these traders making a living from us Evo owners and i'm aware of the revenue MLR gets from the advertising. But they are starting to remind me of those timeshare sales people that catch you on every corner on holidays :mad: and more often than not their inputs to threads are unhelpful and just annoying . Is there no rules for traders? Fair enough if members recommend certain traders and then they go for the hard sell or replying to threads in the for sale/wanted sections, not forgetting the Traders requests/feedback section :rolleyes:

Rant over :D

·
Registered
450 Posts
I am a trader and I agree that traders should pm interested parties who ask questions relating to tuning their car, no visible "hard sell".

Regards

Allan

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
There are rules for traders.

Basically if the thread is a 'Wanted' thread they may say they have one for such and such money just like anyone else.

If it is a technical discussion or a request for a reccomendation they are not supposed to just jump in with a 'I have the best, they are £xx' comment.

There are some circumstances where a trader will mention stock levels or pricings quite legitimately in the course of a discussion so each thread is treated individually using the moderators common sense.

If you see constant 'hard sell' then please use the report to moderator button to bring it to the mods attention.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts