Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the tracking is done on the car is it possible to adjust the camber and caster. No one seems able or willing to do for my car they just charge me the money, yet the car feels no difference afterwards.

Anyone recommend anywhere in South and East yorkshire who may know what they are talking about instead of quick fit centres who carnt see past the end of their noises.
Cheers
Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not on Al's car you can't ( 1.8 Turbo) unless someone has fitted adjustable top mounts - they would look like the jobbies on my car Al. No rubber covering on the strut-top under the bonnet.

Castor is also fixed UNLESS you have the whiteline bush kit, But you need a machine to check it.

Kwik-fit, et all will have no success, you need to find a rally/race workshop for this.

TonyC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have had it done at BTR preparations in Castleford, done manually, ie used had tools and pieces of string. Did a very good job of it.
As for Castor the Whiteline kit (which is now fully fitted and feels great) came with a castor kit which should adjust it to compensate for lowering so I think that the place using a laser system were talking out there arse. Dont know if I would trust a laser system again, as the results can be affected by the operator to give you the result you want. Would not trust a computer print out, reliable as an IOU from a con.

Cheers
Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think to do the job properly, you need time,and people rush it. Had an incidient in the M5 which resulted in knocking both wheels on the passenger side. BMW charged me £180 to reset it all, with fancy printout - the car was AWFUL after. Went down to PE - they spent 2.5 hours sorting it out with me, including loads of road trials. It is the best it has ever been now.

Point is, when PE put it on the machine, their readings matched BMW's, but the car was all over the place. They had fiddled some things to make others look right. Problem is, how do you complain? Figures now look about the same!

It is amazing how a little camber here, and castor there can really #### things up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts