Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my tracking adjusted by B P Motors; New Barn Lane; Cheltenham; GL52 3LF
tel. 01242 24569891

They set the car up for your preferred style of driving and their settings are totally different to the factory spec.

They have transformed the handling of my car and I cannot recommend them enough – worth my 100 mile round trip and £60.00.

They prepare and race rally cars including a 6 and definitely know their onions.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, can't help you there.

All I do know is that the front camber was kept at 2° and that all of the other measurements were quite different from standard.

As I said previously, you can have the suspension set up to your preferred style of driving and therefore measurements will differ quite a bit.

The main problem is having the correct equipment to accurately take the readings from in the first place.

BP’s works well on the EVO’s apparently, but not on other cars.

If you want to call them, Lee was the chap who does the suspension work there.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Original Post:
Just had my tracking adjusted by B P Motors; New Barn Lane; Cheltenham; GL52 3LF
tel. 01242 24569891

They set the car up for your preferred style of driving and their settings are totally different to the factory spec.

They have transformed the handling of my car and I cannot recommend them enough - worth my 100 mile round trip and £60.00.

They prepare and race rally cars including a 6 and definitely know their onions.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Original Post:
tel. 01242 24569891

They have transformed the handling of my car and I cannot recommend them enough - worth my 100 mile round trip and £60.00.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Original Post:
tel. 01242 24569891

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
It isn't that difficult to set the tracking, as long as you know the settings. If you know then you can go to (almost) any Kwik Fit outfit and they can set it for you, although you should keep an eye on their work. Problem is to get the settings and you can only find those out by experimenting and see what's best for you. For me it's 2.3 front camber and 1.75 back.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
I had HKS springs fitted at Steve Hills last week and those figures are not familiar! Fitting plus 4-wheel alignment £100.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Michael K

Isn’t that the point I was making?

Go to the right people, who have already done the trial and error and they get it right first time.

This is what any good forum is all about – passing on experiences and help to other owners.

How many visits to Kwik Fit at £15.00 to £20.00 a time would it take to get it to your requirements and what is the point of mentioning them, if you can’t be sure of their workmanship?

R and amp; A H

Not quite sure what point you are making here

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
My point is that in the end it is only the driver who knows what settings are best for him/her, not anyone else. It takes time to work the right ones out, and the way I've done it is set it myself and then gone to a place with the equipment to check them. Do you know whether you prefer more front camber than rear? Then you don't know what your suspension is set to anyway...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts