Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up my new Evo6 next week and i'm wondering which tracker system i should get??
Tracker/Rac trackstar/others?
As my insurance co have not ask for one I'm free to pick and choose,I don't mind paying for a good system.
details of prices and monthly payments for monitoring and any advises would be appreciated

Many thanks

Blood

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
When I got mine (a year and a bit ago) Trackstar was getting bigger discounts from insurance guys.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow - just reread your post - your insurance HASN'T asked. Are you sure it is not in the small print? Would be VERY surprised about that as the EVO is abit nickable!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blade,

I was suprised that the insurance co didnt insist but i made a point in asking,on ringing round for quotes one or two companies didnt insist.

Blood,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have owned several japanese performance cars including a Syline GTR 33, Subaru and I'm on my third EVO. Not one insurance company has stipulated any type of Tracker. Even though I have have got tracker monitor still no discount.

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My biggest concern when choosing a tracker company was whether the company would still be around in 3 years time. There are some great looking systems on the market, but just before I chose mine one of the companies went bust. Therefore, of the big boys, I felt that RAC Trackstar. It has most of the features and the backing of the RAC. I suspect it will be around for some time!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are a couple of insurers who are competative for Evo's who dont require a tracking device. 9/10 times its cheaper insurance if you have one.

As Simon says (no punn) it would be safer to go for a big name such as RAC Trackstar, Tracker or NavTrak following the demise of E-Guard (telematix).

As an example weve just done a quote for a six £998 - with tracking £1497 no tracking.

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can recommend NavTrak. I've the procative fitted and have 'accidently' set it off on a couple of occasions. Very quick phone calls from them, using all the proper verification procedures to ensure they are talking to the owner and not the tea-leaf' Also very good data-logging service, where they can tell you that when your car was in for a sevice, it was doing in XS of 1**mph on the M9. Just a small post service test drive....me thinks not!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think that you can go wrong with the RAC/Trackstar system. They have an offer at the moment which comprises of an £80 deposit and £23 a month for 3 years (0% APR). £5 a week for a GPS system.. sounds good to me.

And you can remove it and take it with you when you change cars.

D.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts