Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did your track day go today @ Donno ??? Monday 18th feb,2002 :D and please keep it real :D.......LOL.....

CheeRs Marco Rs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome - probably the best track day ever for me! Really enjoyable. Car behaved well, suspension well sorted now. One of the fastest cars there. The only cars that gave me any real trouble was a racing westfield and a superb skyline (which he claimed was standard, but no way - not the speed he had down the straights!) Awesome car.

Very happy - have got some video, will upload. Best bit was chasing and catching an Ultima. Hopefully I have pics of a Tuscan that wouldn't let me pass, when he span TWICE in front of me. there is about 4 hours of vids to wade through , so it may take some time!

Hate to say it, there was a cossie there - but it was pants :(

Only had 275bhp though, and what looked like standard everything else. the M3s were superb. A friend of Droid's cam with his SMG M3 and did some amazing sideways stuff!

Finally found out what my new LSD is for today! Awesome.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:D Good to hear! Did you do some sideways action yourself? You should with all those diffs! :) Let's see the vids then. Where are they (url)?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Claudius, my car has sooo much grip, sideways will only happen just before crashing! I found with the new diff that you could just throw the car really aggressively at the Apex and floor it and it just went through. I must try a scandinavian flick one day to get the back out, but it isn't advisable on Donington!

I have 3 hours of video to edit, so give me a few days! Also need a site to host it on. Must get my webspace increased .... :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Claudius, my car has sooo much grip, sideways will only happen just before crashing! I found with the new diff that you could just throw the car really aggressively at the Apex and floor it and it just went through. I must try a scandinavian flick one day to get the back out, but it isn't advisable on Donington!

I have 3 hours of video to edit, so give me a few days! Also need a site to host it on. Must get my webspace increased .... :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I let Droid drive my car too... on standard boost. He let me drive his M3, and I let him drive his M5 too! I'll leave him to report back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Na, I've got a better idea. Blade burns it and sends it to you! :D
Seriously, if you have got ADSL, connect to MSN Messenger or ICQ and sent it to me!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
10 mins of video at average quality (like the last vid) on mpeg is about 80mb, so 3 hours (180 mins) will be 3 CD's! I need to edit it first - lots of bits just sat in the pits where I forgot to switch it off! Will do some tonight. I want to find the best bits, like overtaking the Ultima and making the TVR Tuscan spin - twice :D :D

TVR Tuscan - fastest car into the pits!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Blade,

For some sideways action you have to come to the Ring (meet 2/3 March)! It is bumpy enough to throw the car all over the place. Did a few laps again last weekend: great fun, there is no better track in the world.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Original Post:
I let Droid drive my car too... on standard boost. He let me drive his M3, and I let him drive his M5 too! I'll leave him to report back.
What can I say? Blade's Evo was unbe-bloody-lievable in terms of how much grip it had ... corners were a breeze, turn-in was instant and . as Mark constantly says, it's basically a race car and bears no resemblance to a standard Evo whatsoever (apart from the rough shape). Obviously I didn't get a chance to appreciate the straight-line oomph as the boost was winched down (boo! ;) ) and it was noticeably slower than mine on the straights. Thanks Blade for letting me have a go. Knowing how much you've spent on the car I was crapping myself more than you (probably) until I realised how bloody secure it is to drive.

I echo what Tony said about the day. Easily the best trackday I've ever attended. Perfect weather, just the right number of cars, no queuing, no aggresive nutters and only a couple of morons who didn't know how to use/clean their mirrors.

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good to see that you all enjoyed yourselves, :D I wish I could have been there,to have a bash or to spectate :D, anything is better than going to work, I hate work, Trackdays are awesome arn't they :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, I was a little scared about all that power on Craner as it doesn't behave like a road car! The grip is huge, but so is the moment you have if you loose it. The throttle response with the light flywheel is instant, so the big boost can take you by surprise! The grip is alot more progressive now with the LSD though. I think the lowest boost setting is 0.7 bar, which is actually less than standard, and is probably about the same power as a standard EVO (turbo is bigger remember).

As you have had a flavour for it, you can drive it again next time - but as it will have the GEMS on, and will be properly mapped (and pushing out 450bhp, which is around 50% more than when you tried it yesterday on low boost) I think you will be more than happy with the straight-line grunt :D

It was fun watching Jonathon in his M3 melting his tyres and brakes trying to catch me - whilst I warmed my tyres :D Even with the 400ish bhp my car has now, it was a match for straight line grunt with the Tuscan and Ultima, which tells me that the power-to-weight ratio must be similar to the Tuscan - which is around 340bhp/ton. The aerodynamics on the Tuscan are far better though.

My car, 400bhp, 1200kgs - 333 to the ton. Seems accurate enough to me! Mark's EVO had 333bhp, and couldn't get anywhere near me - and he is a MUCH better driver than I am (and Jonathon is probably a much better driver than Mark too).

The Skyline, however - what the hell was that packing? Standard car he said - pah! That yellow westfield thingy I think is a car they call Project Nutter - I can see why :D

The titanium exige was pretty quick and very well driven.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Blade
i'm impressed :D , what can i say :D good on you , your car is lighter than mine !! my car weighs with half a tank of fuel 1240 kg with out me in the thing :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Blade,

Cheers ... I'll look forward to that :D

Oh, I nearly forgot. The owner of the Skyline was being a little more than economical with the truth when he
said his car was standard ... I saw 3-4 foot of flames coming out of his exhaust at one point. Now, I'm pretty
sure a standard Skyline can't do that ... (can it?)

Ian.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts