Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ferodo ds2500 front pads as cheap as poss,any ideas where?? Are these ok for road and trackday use? (only doing 1 trackday this year,oulton park). Heard ds2500 are the best?????

Running standard brembos,wouldnt it be better to fit genuine/normal pads? or are the ferodos that much better

cheers for any info people :D

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
see alyn from as performance username stockcar on here, i think i got full set for 200 or less delivered good guy and best prices

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
or try a set of Pagid pads, get them from Demon Tweeks.
Mitsi rally team used them on their recce cars, I used them on a E6 on a few track days, v good, no fade.

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
i have used the ds2500s on cadwell under heavy brakin on 20mins session no fade at all, would recomend them myself, they seem very good

·
Super Moderator
7,386 Posts
DS2500's are a good choice as a fast road pad and will be okay for most drivers on track. If you were doing alot of trackdays then there are better pads available, but these will not be as good for road use.

cheers gary

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Agree with Gary. I've tried DS2500, Mintex 1155, various pagids and they all gave spongy pedals that needed pumping after a good hard session! If you are only doing the occasional track day they should be fine.

The only pads I have had that don't cause any fade so far are Mintex F4R. These are not meant for road use what so ever (aparently) but I don't find them any problem even when stone cold. Pedal feel is very consistent whether hot or cold, but they are very hard on your discs!

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
steve you need to try some carbone lorriane pads !! the very very best . loeb solberg burns saniz all insist on them team peugeot /citiron . they make the pads for the TGV french train and fighter aircrafts too . will never fade and you will be amazed even after using the f4rs /f6rs how good they are . full car set is only £300 . but what a upgrade . john t on here use's them in a ap set up he had from me . you really must try them . they are also kind to the disc's too ! unlike the mintex f series

dave

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
from me ! or demon tweeks . f4rs are good carbone lorraine are the best . made in france . check there web site out .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts