Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have for sale 2 sets 4 of track wheel bags.

Both sets are in good condition with no tears in any of them.

They will hold wheels and tyres up to 18 inches in size.

I am looking for £50 delivered per set of 4 bags.

Attachments

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
you have no chance mate as i can get 2(8 bags) sets from tsl for less than £50

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wheel bags that TSL sell are a totally different design. The TSL bags don't close fully over the whole wheel and tyre, they just cover the outside of the tyre. With the TSL bags there is nothing to stop brake dust coming out of the middle of the wheel and damaging your car's interior.

The bags that I am selling are the same as the ones being sold in the MLR shop on this web site for £88.99. They are a superior design that completely close and will actually protect the inside of your car.

I have put wet wheels in them at a trackday and put them in the back seat of the car, and I did not have to clean anything off the seats when I got home, try doing that with the TSL bags and you'll have to clean mess off the seats.

·
Zero Fighter
12,893 Posts
Hi Kieran,can you get 1 set of four and how much would it be I you can? are they second hand and Do they close fully ?
Cheers

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
The wheel bags that TSL sell are a totally different design. The TSL bags don't close fully over the whole wheel and tyre, they just cover the outside of the tyre. With the TSL bags there is nothing to stop brake dust coming out of the middle of the wheel and damaging your car's interior.

The bags that I am selling are the same as the ones being sold in the MLR shop on this web site for £88.99. They are a superior design that completely close and will actually protect the inside of your car.

I have put wet wheels in them at a trackday and put them in the back seat of the car, and I did not have to clean anything off the seats when I got home, try doing that with the TSL bags and you'll have to clean mess off the seats.
fair play mate

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
never expected to see such a post from you :thumbdown
it's no different to some one pointing out an over priced car the Op pointed out the differrences that I wasn't aware of. the fact is lee i was after a set and though they were a bit steep the Op has informed me where i was wrong:handsup: and why they were of a higher price and i accept that i don't see a problem we are all grown ups. not that many act it on here

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Here is a link to the TSL wheel bags, you can decide for yourself if they are as good as the ones I'm selling:
http://www.tsl-motorsport.co.uk/newsite/productarea.php?nav=300036&section=300036&detail=352
Sorry to rock the boat, but have to speak up here. The supermarket chain Lidl's often have the wheel bags in... their's are £5.99 and are exactly the same, flat material with draw strings on either side, pull cords that close up over the wheel and a Velcro flap that seals the top in. Handles to pick them up and away you go. As said by Mike, I never cleaned the wheels before I sold them and foolishly put them in the Wife's kitchen (not a sexiest comment, she just won't let me in there! :rolleyes:) and when I placed them down on the floor all the muck from them got knocked right through all four wheels and end up on her floor. For the money they do a job and if they're going in your boot then you feel you've done OK, but they're carrying handles for wheels at best...they barley cover the wheel and if stacking on a wheel rack, some of the front face is still exposed and open to getting damaged! :wallbang:

I gave mine away when I sold the old Enkei's from my 9 that had no value to me! :shake:

Bump for you Mike on the remaining sets! :smthumbup

Regards

Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts