Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come there's no-one in the club actively competing in any form of proper motorsport ? http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > (Well, not that I know of)

My excuse is lack of cash, but at least I used to TRY..........

No offence, but you boys seem to spend loads of cash on Evo 6's, then spend even more modifying them. Why not buy a group N car and go rallying? If you've got the cash, you're wasting in on road cars............

As they always say, when the flag drops, the bullshit stops............ [img]http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Rob,

I tend to agree with you. I probably won't take my Evo (1 RS) onto a track for the basic reason that I have a 250cc kart for this type of thing. I don't race it in any championships as it's a bit of an odd ball at the moment, but you have some good fun racing the other 'owner drivers' on practice days.

In the past I took my Uno Turbo onto Croft circuit. It was great fun blasting past so called 'faster cars' driven by people with lots of money (or debt as the case may be) but little bottle through the twisty bits.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hornet. No, I am in Cheshire. Next event is the North West Stages (based in Preston).

I look forwards to meeting the LTR members again, who came to have a word at Park Hall Rally (won by an Evo!) again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At least I've managed to spark a bit of discussion. That's what this thing's here for innit??

Clive, we meet again - Oulton Park either last year or the year before - I was in the black Evo 1 with Darin.

My excuse is that I've just set up me own business, the general idea being short term sacrifice, for long term gain.................IE, I'll be (even more) skint for the next couple of years, but then I'll be able to get back into some sort of competition (hopefully) - rallying most probably.

How are the running costs on the group N car and what type of events do you enter????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn!!!! Should have changed me profile - I only use the MAX POWER one when I'm being abusive.............................!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Evo 3 is relatively cheap to mantain. It seems to need £500 to £1000 spending every few rallies, but this is to run on top five placings. To run at tenth overall pace is cheaper, to run on a winning pace means more modifications, and expence!

I run mainly on local single venue rallies, so the car is not always taxed, and I save on insurance by having Vehicle off road cover much of the time, and buying the on event cover offered by organisers for multi-venue events.

I have also done Road Rallys in the car, great fun!

Good luck with your business, and try to see how much expence you can pass through the books legitimately!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.