Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was going to do a few track days this year - but it turns out our local track has had a 95db limit put on it . which by all accounts is very low .
so my question is :
i've never had the car tested but is there any point of me even turning up to be checked with a full 3" nurspec on my piper 285/2.3 stroker:confused:
(even with the bung in?) - its a noisy bstaad at the best of times:D

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,524 Posts
My nur spec started to fail tests at oulton (105db)...with less spec than you,was 113db once!!...so i defo think you will fail.:(

The bung used to get it down by 3-8db,but i didnt want det with the bung in around track,as its mapped for no bung.

Hence why i bought a full nur spec rx:coolsm:...same quality only quieter:coolsm:....now i fly through noise tests easy

You can buy just the RX back box,but you still might struggle with 95db limit:(

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have toyed with the idea of something slightly quieter , but dont want to sacrifice any power either .
the blitz is brutal and the cops are big on pulling you for it over here too...:angel:

·
NR555
7,435 Posts
My 3" magnex with 4" rolled tip back box and de cat gives just 93 db at 4.5k static;)

·
Registered
12,588 Posts
where can you get the rx back box on its own....i already have nur spec r and the thing is crazy loud

1 - 10 of 10 Posts