Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As im only 18 im not going to be able to afford an Evo for many years so im the meantime i have decided to possibly buy a pug 205 GTI (any other suggestions) solely for track use. the reason for track use only is because i wont be able to afford the insurance either (im a student cut me some slack :D:D) how much is track day insurance by the way?, what do you lot reckon to the idea, anyone done this. i know its not an evo but i thought you lot might be the best to ask. one other question is about places to use it, i live in nottingham and wont be able to go to track days all the time cuz im not rich, so does anyone know of any abandoned runways etc in the east midlands that you could use something like this, thx in advance any advise is much appreciated, its all andy fox's fault he took me out in his car and got me addicted to speed............thx andy :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

lewis.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lewis,
in the same boat as you mate nearly 18 and hopin 2 do trackdays next year.havin bin out in SteveC's 205 GTI at snetterton(which is slightly modded) even though he lost out on the straights it was great fun in the corners(despite the terrible rain and cut slicks).
not really sure about the abilty of other alternatives but i knw that astra GTE's r also quite popular as track cars.I havent got a hope of insuring anything decent for a good few years yet so im thinkin of doin the same as u and driving somethin sedate on the road(noway im gettin a micra though :) ) and doin trackdays in my dads 4x4 cossie. if your using it jus 4 trackday's strip out anythin dat dnt need 2 be there maybe look at running uprated brakes(decent combo of disks and pads shudnt set u bak 2 much on sometin like a pug 205) do some cheap performance mods and have yourself some serious fun.
Hope 2 see you at trackday,

Umreet

P.S how could you get addicted 2 speed in Andy's RSX seems like he drives in reverse most the time ;) o well at least he's quicker than Lee :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How come everyone says Andys car is slow, i mean correct me if im wrong but it is a mitsi lancer evo 6 you know one of those cars tommi mak drives, evil lookin things, right? so how on earth can it be slow? and surely its quicker than a standard GSR? (lighter) still a barrell of laughs.
the track car wont just be mine i dont think, prolly gonna go like quarters with some m8s (now u realise how poor i am :D) so uprating brakes etc will be fine if we all pitch in. now just the problem of where to drive it, ideas in the east midlands? cheers everyone,

Lewis.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you all missing the point! You are on the Mitsubishi LANCER Register forum (formely the LANCER TURBO Registers website) asking about Garlic munchers as trackday cars! Do you think it might be better if you thought LANCER TURBO? :( :(

Ian Webb's got a good one caged, mot, drives at the proper end, ready to go. [email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Doof,

By all means check out a Lancer Turbo for trackdays but as I'm lucky enough to run an Evo and a 205 GTI, you won't be diasppointed if you go the Pug route - and you should be able to get a decent 1.9 for not much over a grand. At the risk of boring everyone with my regular rants about my hot hatch, it is excellent fun (Umreet enjoyed himself on a few passenger laps in my motor even if we were all over the place :D due to a bad weather/tyre combo). I now use it rather than the Evo now for track days! Just make sure you get a decent one as bits tend to go wrong/drop off pretty regularly http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/embarassed1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > (even when properly maintained).

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BILTEL

You've got a point is ther ever going to be a section for a real lancer turbo, got 2 one for the track next year ,i hope.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts