Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just purchased 4 and wow, what a set of tyres. Up to yet, much better than the standard set of yokohamas :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,715 Posts
i got them on my 309 gti they are a good tyre but i did prefer the bridgestone so2's on my old car ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
got them on my e3.

had no problems with them yet..

must grip well they get me 12.4-5,s every time im on the strip.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,921 Posts
I hated them :( much prefer its predecessor the T1S...just fitted some T1s to my colt runabout and its brought it all back how good they are compared to the squirmy and noisy T1r ive just taken off my Evo.....still the T1r seems to suit some people so enjoy :)

Cheers
Ian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
I have to agree with Ian, i could not get on with the T1r & had to change them. But since selling the Evo & buying a Type R i also bought set of T1s for it thinking there would be ok for that but they are just as sh#t on there :eek: . But it all depends how hard you drive your car :D .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,057 Posts
Got a full set ot 18" T1R's on the Evo and a full set of 16" T1R's on the MR2 and I really rate them, although like Tyrant i would have carried on buying T1S's had they been available.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
870 Posts
T1R's rule the rosst on my Evo, they are great tyre in the wet and even better in the dry.................thumbs up for me.............and they are a good price too!!!! :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,953 Posts
i tried toyo T1s and thought they were crap and i do mean crap .no grip at all .anyone who thinks they are good will love the bridgestone potenza RE070 .FAR BETTER TYRE ALLROUND good grip ,looks cool ,good for mileage aswell which is amazing considering the handling and grip .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36,183 Posts
Yeah but with British weather like it is...no good for the wet roads.

gaz007 said:
i tried toyo T1s and thought they were crap and i do mean crap .no grip at all .anyone who thinks they are good will love the bridgestone potenza RE070 .FAR BETTER TYRE ALLROUND good grip ,looks cool ,good for mileage aswell which is amazing considering the handling and grip .
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,953 Posts
the RE070 are good in the wet / excellent in the dry and are a very grippy and predictable tyre .i cant say much more .
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,486 Posts
Toyo Tyres

I had T1R's on my last Evo VIII.

I found when they were new, they were lethal particularly in the wet. After about 1000 miles of being scrubbed in, they were very good in the wet, and pretty good in the dry too. (Not as good as Yoko A046 in the dry by far)

Taken a chance on R888's now for the road and the odd sprint, as they heat up pretty quick. Willox says they're pretty good in the wet also ?? Just hope my R888's are no worse than Yoko A046's in the wet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Hi, I also rate thew T1R's but need some new ones now. I am wondering wether to try some R888's since I hear lots of good reports on them.

Can anyone tell me what sort of mileage you have got from the R888's (compared to the Yoko's the Evo originally comes on). I know it is all dependant on driving style, but an idea would be appreciated :)

What are the best prices that you have got for both of the above (I need 235/45/17)

David
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,953 Posts
i find it really weird that some people rate the toyo t1s as very good .when i personally thought they were absolutely crap.my experience with the T1s were poor grip ,screech a lot ,and poor mileage ,its a while since but i think they might have been ok in the wet but i take it easy in the wet anyway.if you like a tyre that rolls in the corners and squeals like a pig and gives poor road holding then stick to the T1s .if you like a tyre that has the best shoulders you will find that doesnt roll in the corners ( ie wont scrub off on the corners as much as most do ) ,superb grip and good for plenty of miles ( how they managed that ? ) ,you can push the car in the corners and it will hang on instead of squealing thats enough.pick the potenza RE070.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,094 Posts
Attey said:
Hi, I also rate thew T1R's but need some new ones now. I am wondering wether to try some R888's since I hear lots of good reports on them.

Can anyone tell me what sort of mileage you have got from the R888's (compared to the Yoko's the Evo originally comes on). I know it is all dependant on driving style, but an idea would be appreciated :)

What are the best prices that you have got for both of the above (I need 235/45/17)

David
£77.50 to your door from mytyres for the T1R's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
Re: Toyo Tyres

BHP said:

Taken a chance on R888's now for the road and the odd sprint, as they heat up pretty quick. Willox says they're pretty good in the wet also ?? Just hope my R888's are no worse than Yoko A046's in the wet.
The 888's are far far better than the a046's in the wet which isn't hard as the 46's bordered on being dangerous :eek:
Infact the 8's felt just as good if not better than the t1r to me :coolsm:
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top