Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
AFAIK Toyo are targetting these tyres at people who do trackdays and drive on the road so they're a bit more durable than 888s and better on the road.

I think Mike Potter had a set to try and should be able to advise.

Cheers,

Simon

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
they are so expensive

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
Compared with what? How do they compare on price to R888's?
i can't remember the exact price cam6 phoned up to get a quote for then and told me the price i nearly fell to the floor iirc it was over £220 a corner

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
i can't remember the exact price cam6 phoned up to get a quote for then and told me the price i nearly fell to the floor iirc it was over £220 a corner
:eek: Wow!! That is silly expensive. I was considering a set of these on my second set of alloys later in the year, but may just stick to the R888's now.

What size was that price for? Presume it was a common Evo size (like 235/40/18) and not mega wide tyres, like 265 or something?

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
:eek: Wow!! That is silly expensive. I was considering a set of these on my second set of alloys later in the year, but may just stick to the R888's now.

What size was that price for? Presume it was a common Evo size (like 235/40/18) and not mega wide tyres, like 265 or something?
235/245 off the top of my head i'll ask him when i see him he may even post thats what he's doing now sticking to the 888's

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
i am getting a set fitted today onto my advans ready to go onto my x in about late march as i am running on snow tyres, good job as this morning we have more snow

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Whats the road noise like from the R1R compared to the R888? I love my 888s but they can be a bid droney on the mway.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Road noise is oke, not very quit but u can live with it.
I cannot compare with the R888's because i never drove them, but compared to the standard dunlops which were on it is much better.

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
If you do a Google search on the R1R's they get a great write up and there are some youtube vids too. I think at one stage there was an issue with the tyres, but obviously this has been sorted out.
The Americans are saying they are a great tyre. Pity the cost is nearly prohibitive for some of us.
Careful when choosing the widths!

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
any feedback on these yet ?

my michelin pilot sport 2 are going to need changing soon but dont no what to fit

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
i have had them on now for 2 weeks now so they are just nicely scrubbed in. Been out today in the wet and they seem ok. i have dropped the pressures down on the front from 32psi to 28psi and rears to 26psi. the road noise is fair but once you get used to it itdoes not bother you. I paid £177 delivered from camskill,but i think it was an introductery offer. as for grip levels i am trying to but have not found their limit as i chicken out first. my main concern will i think be the wear factor as they are very soft but you can not have it all ways

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
i have had them on now for 2 weeks now so they are just nicely scrubbed in. Been out today in the wet and they seem ok. i have dropped the pressures down on the front from 32psi to 28psi and rears to 26psi. the road noise is fair but once you get used to it itdoes not bother you. I paid £177 delivered from camskill,but i think it was an introductery offer. as for grip levels i am trying to but have not found their limit as i chicken out first. my main concern will i think be the wear factor as they are very soft but you can not have it all ways
What tyres were you using before ??

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
Camskill advertise T1R but no R1R any idea if they can supply R1R?

·
Banned
732 Posts
Camskill advertise T1R but no R1R any idea if they can supply R1R?
They do have them under trackday tyres but you have to email for a price

They are priced at about £10 cheaper than R888 in similar size in the MLR GB tyre page and for a 235/17 its about £190

There is free delivery from what i read on this group buy providing they are in stock otherwise about £22 for 4 delivered.

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
They do have them under trackday tyres but you have to email for a price

They are priced at about £10 cheaper than R888 in similar size in the MLR GB tyre page and for a 235/17 its about £190

There is free delivery from what i read on this group buy providing they are in stock otherwise about £22 for 4 delivered.
:smthumbup

1 - 20 of 34 Posts