Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have searched and found some useful opinions but not all the answers!

My Yoko S drives are coming to the end of their life and I am wanting to replace them with some decent tyres I can run on the road but that will also serve me well for wet track days.

I currently run Kumho V70's as my dry track set up and they are unbelievable! I am strongly tempted by a set of Toyo R1R's for those rainy days.

I have heard they are "wider than the equivalent tyre from another manufacturer"? They will be fitted to my stock evo 6 wheels. Has anyone fitted these and know if they will give me rubbing issues?

Cheers,

O

EDIT: Forgot to add, car is Evo 6 on Ohlins

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
the R1R is slightly wider than other similar sized tyres. I found that on the evo 4 now I run R1R for the road, they're wider than the old same size tyre but cant remember what i had on before. . On my old fiesta track car, a 195/50/15 tyre would be around 10mm narrower than the R1R in same size. Not sure exactly on a 235/45/17 but allow for at at least 10mm more width.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one, thanks!

If it's only +5mm either side I should be fine then, will check once I have the coilovers on and set up then report back for future generations.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's really due to the squareness of the sidewall of r1rs that they end up wider overall. They shouldn't cause any rubbing issues at all.

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,846 Posts
Richard Wallace has them fitted on his IV that has OEM VI rims no problemo:

Attachments

Reactions: OwenVI
1 - 6 of 6 Posts