1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
everyone will say the F1 but i prefer the T1R

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
got t1r's on mine. good tyre especially in wet. but only ever heard good things about the f1 assy. think raj had f1's on his 8 in wet at castle combe. awesome grip.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive been using F1's on mine and they lasted ages, fantastic grip too but there is some really good ratings for the proxies. Better ratings too. Do i stick or do i change? :wallbang:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
change. at least youll know yourself which you prefer for your driving style. im going for f1 assy next time. nothing wrong with toyo's though.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
just putting good year f1 assem on me X after all the good dry and wet reviews only paid £115.75+VAT each delivered from camskills for 255/35/18

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
How long or how many miles did your proxies last you?
My F1's at the front last me a year and the ones at the back lasted me 2 years.
been on the car 6 months now (about 4000 miles) everyday use/mixed driving still got loads of tread front and back. only thing is i dont know what they are like on track if thats what you wanted to do.

·
Premium Member
16,921 Posts
seriously!!! why? T1R's have got better reviews and ratings over the goodyear F1 tyre.
I just hated mine on my Evo2, i had that car 100k miles over 7years so it got quite a lot of different tyres tested on it, I had really liked the Toyo T1S so when they wore out i went for the new at the time T1R ...it was by far the worst feeling tyre to drive on i ever used ( closley followed by Goodyear F1 GSD3, which again earlier model GSD2 was very good), on the T1R and GSD3 the car felt like it was constanly moving around, never actually let go but a very squirmy feel to them i didnt like, mind you once they were nearly worn out then they were ok :D

Like everything though tyres a personal choice so what works for one doesnt always work for another, think there are more that hated T1R than liked them on here though :)

CHeers
Ian

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
been on the car 6 months now (about 4000 miles) everyday use/mixed driving still got loads of tread front and back. only thing is i dont know what they are like on track if thats what you wanted to do.
Its just road use i do. Do about 11.000 miles a year, soft and hard driving. No track for me. Heard the toyo's run out quick though as its a softer compound. Probably will end up getting the F1's again.:lol:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just hated mine on my Evo2, i had that car 100k miles over 7years so it got quite a lot of different tyres tested on it, I had really liked the Toyo T1S so when they wore out i went for the new at the time T1R ...it was by far the worst feeling tyre to drive on i ever used ( closley followed by Goodyear F1 GSD3, which again earlier model GSD2 was very good), on the T1R and GSD3 the car felt like it was constanly moving around, never actually let go but a very squirmy feel to them i didnt like, mind you once they were nearly worn out then they were ok :D

Like everything though tyres a personal choice so what works for one doesnt always work for another, think there are more that hated T1R than liked them on here though :)

CHeers
Ian
Thanks for that mate, As the F1's have now released there new asymmetric tyres over the directional tread tyres i might stay with the F1's. I wonder why they stopped making the directional tread tyres, they were really good in my opinion.:smthumbup

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
goodyears!!! I had my goodyears on for a year 10k mile done on them plenty of tread yet. (2 trackdays)

Changed onto T1Rs and really not keen on them

·
Registered
36,183 Posts
F1 assemetrics any day of the week, i would pay not to have T1R's on my cars :D

Ian
Yep, the toyos are crap. There was a guy at Curborough a whileback using the F1 assys. He beat us all in the wet by up to 4 seconds. I hear they are good in the dry too. I saw a video about japanese drifters once ....guess what tyres they put on the back as they don't have much grip? :crackup:

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
when looking at the rating and review sites look at what cars the tyres are fitted to.a t1r on a clio is not the same as an evo:smthumbup

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have the Eagle F1 GS's on my car and really rate them very highly, especially in the wet, seem to be wearing ok as well :thumbup:

Also have a brand new set of T1R's in the garage which i got at the same time for a second set of summer wheels but never got them fitted so theyre still laying about....heard some good reviews from friends about the T1R's and was gonna keep them and fit them to my good wheels but i think i might stretch and get the Toyo 888's if i can afford it come the spring time :)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts