Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just been phoning around for 4 new rubbers, and Hi-Q quoted me £108 all in for Toyo Proxes T1s, to me thats £432 for the set!!!!
Is this a good price? i think it may be but would like your thoughts on them and are they good for everyday use?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've said this before (several times) and will say it again... The Toyo Proxes T1-S simply transformed my car (I had Bridgestone SO-1's before) and I honestly won't even consider anything else when the time comes to replace them which might sound short-sighted but they just so dammed good.

Massively better wet weather grip, much better adjustability in the dry and drastically reduced tramlining. Shop around and you should be able to get a set of four fitted for around £500 all-in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Christ ! I wish I could get them at that price.
I do stick with them though coz they have worked well on my previous WRX's and present e6 both wet and dry.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i fitted a set of these because they were cheap and they were treadwear 280 and i was getting sick of forking out for tyres every few months

paid $nz300 each which is about 100 quid

at first i was really impressed because it was p11sing down all the time and i also had to do a bit of driving on gravel and the tread has lots of 'air'

unfortunately they lost all grip as they wore and were through to the belts in 7000km (about 4000 miles) and i was just spinning up all over the place

wont be fitting them again, crap imho

andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah interesting

3000km so far on the semi slicks and have rotated due to wear

7000 is possible, very possible, but grip is better

did include doing 1250km in one day which probably doesn't count
NOT good on gravel, surprisingly good in rain provided there is not standing water

logic is that you get more rubber for your money

most high performance tyres you are paying for 'air'

will see

andrew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts