Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just after a little help of any one how has used both toyo and yokohama tyre on the track and wondered which you found better

i need some new tyre's ready for the track on my e8 , i going to use toyo again , but the price has a lot more than i can get the 048

just wondered what the 048 is like compared to the toyo

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
Toyo 888 are very good but christ have then gone up in price for my tyre size its 210 per tyre now. 225/40/18

·
Registered
78 Posts
Between the 2 I prefer the 048Rs.
They are more consistent once up in temp, and offer a touch more grip.
The 888 on the other hand doen't need that much warming up, but can go off after a few hot laps (driving style/track dependent). They are a bit more progressive when they do go which is handy if you don't know the car/track very well.

·
Registered
693 Posts
There's a group buy on the 888's / a048 / Dunlop DZ03 happening soon, so which ever you choose, I'd hang on for a bit longer :smthumbup

Dan.

·
NR555
7,435 Posts
There's a group buy on the 888's / a048 / Dunlop DZ03 happening soon, so which ever you choose, I'd hang on for a bit longer :smthumbup

Dan.
how soon?

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Are these tyres just for track use? If so then might not be worth bothering with them. Someone posted up a link for ebay, quite often slicks go up for sale on there from touring car series and they are cheap. From what i seen for £200 you can get 4 tires.

If your after a tyre for road and track, then iv had both fitted on my exige s, came from factory with A048's and now has Toyo R888's. Was purely because of the very little differents and toyo's were cheaper.

·
Zero Fighter
12,893 Posts
Are these tyres just for track use? If so then might not be worth bothering with them. Someone posted up a link for ebay, quite often slicks go up for sale on there from touring car series and they are cheap. From what i seen for £200 you can get 4 tires.

If your after a tyre for road and track, then iv had both fitted on my exige s, came from factory with A048's and now has Toyo R888's. Was purely because of the very little differents and toyo's were cheaper.
You can get second hand tyres from touring car championship for a lot less than £200.look for protyre ,they are always there on MLR track days and can supply you with slicks,IMO ,slicks for track day,and something more road friendly for roads

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
Not 100% Bt im sure are local track wont let you run slicks unless you have a cage fitted..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts