Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the middle of a house move and the EVO is the last thing to be moved..it has no engine in but gearbox and transfer box are still attached to the car..does anybody know if i can tow the car if i keep all the wheels on the floor or am i best just getting a recovery truck
Many thanks
Dave

·
Premium Member
22,095 Posts
Im in the middle of a house move and the EVO is the last thing to be moved..it has no engine in but gearbox and transfer box are still attached to the car..does anybody know if i can tow the car if i keep all the wheels on the floor or am i best just getting a recovery truck
Many thanks
Dave
recovery or trailer it. No engine means no brake assist, no power steering, and if the engine is removed, id guess the power steering pump is too, so open pipes, and generally without the engine in place the rest of the stuff in and around the engine bay aren't securely fitted

Stu

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks stu
Yes engine out..no power steering either and there is probably bits loose in tje engine bay too..i would have used a proper tow pole to tow it but if you recommend trailer or recovery I'll do that

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Hi! Where about are you? I've a trailer if you are nearby, we might work something out! I'm in Preston, Lancashire by the way!

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi! Where about are you? I've a trailer if you are nearby, we might work something out! I'm in Preston, Lancashire by the way!
Hi
Thanks for the generous offer but i am 2.5hrs away from you..im in east yorkshire..I'll either borrow a trailer or see if my mate is available at some point to recover it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts