Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now don't all start flaming me, but has anyone any idea where/if possible to get a tow bar for an Evo VI? I need to move a diving club powerboat about, and the Evo seems the ideal tool to do that.

any help appreciated..

rock-pool.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
yes you can get them. My mate fits them for a living, so will enquire how much they are etc. Apparently they are detachable and fit under (round) the rear bumper, so no cutting required.

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ask Russ Swift as he had one on his TME at Castle Combe to tow his mini http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Seriously though Ralliart supplied his car so I assume they fitted it. Try contacting Ralliart aswell.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it the circle shape thing that u put a hook on it when ur car is stucked?
(like those in front of the GT cars)
If it is..hmm.. it looks pretty cool but dont u think its a bit..rice?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same question asked on Yahoo-groups 'EVO' list. Here's the answer :

Just for anybodys reference, I have just chatted to Russ about the tow bar
and it was supplied by a company called Watling Tow Bars on 01727 873661.
Total cost £240 inc vat.

Just ordered one.

p.s. And you are quite right Eric he is a very helpful and approachable
chap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for your advice on this !

I'm calling them now to get one. Powerboat - here we come!

Simon.

PS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
4 hours and an angle grinder later and it's on - it seems their pattern for the bar was taken from a car with no exhaust fitted http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/Happy.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

still, it's on now.

The guy at the shop was less than helpful, I commented on the instructions (they say the bar is for a 1990- Evolution 6 coupe) and was told in no uncertan terms that the pattern was indeed taken from a Coupe two door VI..... perhaps that's why I had so much trouble..

Simon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts