Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has ever used a Toucan Display for monitoring on an Evo IX running a Link G4+ ECU.

I did try to search around the forum but they all came up with people using Syvecs.

It does say on the Toucan website that it supports Link but not sure how good it would be.

I wanted to avoid getting loads of gauges as trying to keep the car looking as stock as possible from inside.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Think it's the same set up as syvecs as I was advised doing research, along with that you will need to install sensors to get the full use out of ecu and toucan.
Fuel pressure oil pressure etc and then have them set up on your ecu then you will see full benefit of your toucan.
Definitely the way forward one display not loads of gauges everywhere and the bonus being all sensors wired up to your ecu it gives it a chance to trip into limp mode if it finds any issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks !

Are you able to tell me how much additional sensors are etc and where I would get them from?

Was wanting all the pressures and temperatures ideally.

I take it using one of these would replace my HKS EVC boost controller too?

Who installed yours if you don't mind me asking :)

I have one on my 7, which has the link and it's spot on.

I like the fact that you can have different maps on it, you can select low boost setting if you're just cruising along.

·
12,904 Posts
Thanks !

Are you able to tell me how much additional sensors are etc and where I would get them from?

Was wanting all the pressures and temperatures ideally.

I take it using one of these would replace my HKS EVC boost controller too?

Who installed yours if you don't mind me asking :)
I'm not sure on the cost of the sensors etc I'm afraid, the bills wasn't broken down in that much detail.

You can have the link control boost but I'd use the boost controller personally as the link has an issue with closed loop boost control ATM.

Ac Speedtech supplied and installed everything including the link.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looked a little closer at the JTI websiteand found them on there.

Works our at around £950ish all in with the unit, sensors and lambda sensor too.

Bit unsure about it still to be honest.

I'm not sure on the cost of the sensors etc I'm afraid, the bills wasn't broken down in that much detail.

You can have the link control boost but I'd use the boost controller personally as the link has an issue with closed loop boost control ATM.

Ac Speedtech supplied and installed everything including the link.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I used one on an Impreza a few years back with Syvecs and they are excellent pieces of kit, give them a call re Link, they are really helpful and friendly folk

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Toucan works out at £480 just for the unit.

The Plex works out at ~£350 for the unit.

Would be interesting to know if there are any other options out there too.

I mean, Toucan definitely looks better in the sense you can see actual gauges on the display, but the Plex does look like it would do the job.

·
12,904 Posts
You can do the same by touching a switch lol but that doesn't have the pose feature lol.

Mark
I don't like lots of switches though, have 3 different switchable maps on mine as well as launch control. Think of all the daft switches then all the wiring. Then paying someone's time to wire all that.

Plus anyway, what's the point if we can't pose? ;)

·
12,904 Posts
I suppose it depends on what you want from the unit. Afaik the toucan is the only one that talks back to the ecu if you know what I mean.

I had a look at the plex also at the time but I wanted to be able to switch things on and off and change maps etc

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeh, get what you mean!

I really just wanted it as a monitoring tool more than anything, I mean being able to turn things on/off is pretty cool but not essential.

Guess just trying to see if i can save some bucks really! I already have a separate boost controller and my launch and anti lag is mapped into my intercooler spray button.

If i can find a set-up similar to this for not much more than getting gauges, I'd rather pay a little extra and have it all in one unit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts