Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out that the alarm that is fitted on the VIII in the factory has total closure and you can get it to wind in the wing mirrors if you use the key with the two buttons on!!!

just a shame its not thatchams approved and is disabled :(

U would think that mitsi uk would have all those features fitted on the cobra alarms

·
Premium Member
Jesus built my car
38,798 Posts
Is the alarm on your VIII totally random? Sometimes mine makes no noise when locking the car, sometimes it beeps and sometimes it screeches. :confused:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Aidy said:
Is the alarm on your VIII totally random? Sometimes mine makes no noise when locking the car, sometimes it beeps and sometimes it screeches. :confused:
Aidy,

Spot on mate :rolleyes:

Sometimes mine makes some real strange noises. Get this, if it has been raining, and the alarm has gone off (which it quite often does because of wind etc), when I try to get in the car, the alarm sort of screeches at me. Sounds like a bloody parrot :crackup:

Daz

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine used to make all these funny sounds until it packed up..and mitsi had to replace it for me..since then it doesn't make any beeps when setting or un-setting..just blasts out when it is set off.

tis cool being able to work the wing mirrors with the button on the key though :)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
You can close all the windows and fold the mirrors on an VIII using the key, just not the Cobra fob. I thought this was to do with interfacing the Cobra alarm in with the evo's electronic systems.

The Cobra alarm can also be configured to beep when it flashes the indicators when arming/disarming.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
My mate Mike from MC Alarms fitted my alarm immobiliser so that it works off the factory key fob thus enabling the mirror fold up function to be operational.
his no is 07778187065.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mine has the strange habit of not locking with the first button press if you don't do it quickly enough after closing the door (plus one flash of the indicators) press again and the locks go and I get 3 flashes of the indicators.

Best of all, there is a Polo in the car park at work which if parked next to me will set my alarm off when they use their remote key, this also happens with the MR 320 also in the car park. Gave the Polo driving a bl**dy heart attack the first time it happened :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Last, what is the second little button on the Cobra fob for? The manual says panic alarm????

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah it is a panic button..but it can also be used to disable the microwave detector..if you press the other button twice after arming.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JOHN'S RED VII said:
My mate Mike from MC Alarms fitted my alarm immobiliser so that it works off the factory key fob thus enabling the mirror fold up function to be operational.
his no is 07778187065.
now that does sound good :)

do u know the make of alarm he fitted??

·
Registered
151 Posts
Richevo8,

Er... what microwave detector, haven't come across that in my handbook?

·
Premium Member
Jesus built my car
38,798 Posts
T Makinnen said:
Last, what is the second little button on the Cobra fob for? The manual says panic alarm????
:lol: When I got mine home in the dark at night I had a mental block and forgot if it was left or right to lock the car. You can tell visually cos it is bigger but I couldn't see. I took a guess and guessed wrong and the alarm went off :D

*waves at neighbours*

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Richevo8 said:
now that does sound good :)

do u know the make of alarm he fitted??
It is either a Cobra or Autowatch, he fitted it last year and I remember him telling me it was a new product, give him a bell. tell him John Williams told you about it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
T Makinnen said:
Richevo8,

Er... what microwave detector, haven't come across that in my handbook?
if u got a uk spec VIII with the standard cobra alarm, u will have a microwave detector somewhere in the car..probably behind the dash or under the roof lining.

I had to get mine adjusted coz everytime I parked the Shogun with the diesel engine next to the evo it set the microwave detector off.

I've also found that it could be set off when washing the roof of the car, now that did make me jump!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
That then could be the reason why someone else's remote key sets off the alarms of both Evo's in the car park when next to the them. Nice when things make sence, thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Richevo8 said:

I've also found that it could be set off when washing the roof of the car, now that did make me jump!!!
touch the roof on mine and all hell breaks loose, shitted me right up when I started drying the roof off

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm always listening the the car radio when washing mine sio I haven't had that nasty little surprise.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Might drastically effect your fuel consumption though! :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
T Makinnen said:
I'm always listening the the car radio when washing mine sio I haven't had that nasty little surprise.
I used to..but my original battery used to go flat by the time I had finished cleaning. :( snotty little micra battery!!! it would have a job to power a hair dryer!!! let alone an evo!!! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts