Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if this should be in technical questions or chat but has anyone hit top speed in their evo (in standard guise or slightly modded)and what was it roughly?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this has been posted before. speedos are notoriuosly inaccurate useually show speeds above what u r a ctually travelling.

my standard shows approx 155 (on the track:D) so the 150 estimated is probably right

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
160 on clock. On a private road of course. Speedo's are normally about ten percent out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ralliart quote a top speed of 154mph for the RSX and I've been close a few times (on private roads of course:))

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
John Nobles had the Pajero up to 131 on the rollers, don't know if that is the top speed or not tho

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's alot less resistance on the rollers. Thus High top speed. Even load simulations on the rollers cannot depict an accurate top speed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks. I know its been dicussed a while ago but couldn't see a search feature in the forum

edited to add: (he says finally seeing a search link! D'oh. Was looking for a search box!)

edited again to add: not that it seems to work. even just searching for a mention of 'engine' or 'speed' in the last 365 days returns no results :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
White II,
You did highlight which forums you wanted to search in though didn't you???? You have to put a tick mark next to each part of the forum you wish to search. As default, it doesn't search any part of the forum and so you won't find anything.

Doh ;)

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did anyone see Police Stop on Sky One last night...
It had in-car footage of a jap bloke in a Ferrari F40 doing 200mph along the motorway.... Apparently the guy set all the video cameras etc up himself and released the video across the web. The plod got hold of it and then prosecuted him using his own video as evidence :)

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
EVO speedo's are prtty accurate. compared mine to GPS, and it is within 1 mph all the way upto 100. Will try a top speed run at Elvington TVR day in March (2 mile runway).

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ryan really did this in Germany on the way back from Monaco, so there is no risk since he is allowed to travel any speed he CAN on the main highway sections.

However, Ryan, according to the revs, you have not reached top speed at the time the picture was taken. I know this because I have :D but I find it boring to go fast on the highway.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Claudius,
CAN is the word, bloody busy roads!! yeah the photo was taken too early, you can tell how hard it was to focus even though the car was VERY stable at that speed, I also think I could have gone faster but had a head wind, will try it again somewhere when I get the mods done :)

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
By can I meant it is unlimited. You were almost flat out, but at 150 mph, there is still a lot of cars that can pass you. Porsches, delimited Black Man's Willies and Mercs, Ferraris etc. Watch you rear view mirror!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hit 7,000 rpm in top in my standard 6 GSR, can anyone work that out into mph. Was too busy watching the rev counter to notice the speed!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ryan,
Those knuckles r very white :)

My VI bounces of the rev limiter (7700 rpm) in top (rev limiter has 2 b accurate) so if u do the maths on gearing and depending on tyre wear it's about 165 mph.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
On the German Autobahn just before Christmas,I think I was doing 190mph,because I overtook a Audi tt,and we all know how fast they are.I cant confirm the speed as my small non airbag wheel covers the speedo,and there was heavy rain,90mph cross winds,the roads were totally flooded,and trees were being blown down in front of me,so as I couldnt see Fack all ,it was hard to get a true speed impression,I had to lift off every time I aquaplaned,so my speed wasnt constant,so making allowances it may have been 90mph,but it felt like 190mph.

I never look at the speedo because I cant see it,but the only instument that interests me is the REV COUNTER and I hit 7300rpm in fifth every day........................:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts