Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I did 160mph on the track the other day and that was the speed shown on my GPS, my speedo read nearly 175mph! The Car was still going too!! :D At a guess I would imagine top speed would be nearly 170mph if I had really pushed it further?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Dom your a lad

Wierd at full pelt down the straight isnt it at Brunting

Arranging an event there later this year

Heres a clip from one of the guys at the last driver training day.

Tim was OK but he was exploring the limits of a 400bhp RA think Im the car hes following, Organiser's night mare but RA is sorted ready for more now.

http://view2.myvideotalk.com/hipi1.asp?msgid=4b4e59f8-1909-4cd9-b210-adc108aa05e6

My FQ goes this weekend hopefully pick up a Type RA Spec C in about 3 weeks.

Take car out there

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for the reply's.

Your defecting back Stormy, good choice with the spec. C, just make sure you get down to Power Station to sort out the bump steer etc!

Your right, it was quite weird maxing out!

Cheers Moses, it is defo. the best 8.........after I've spent 1000's to upgrade the engine, brakes, suspension and interior :D :D

First timed lap was 53 sec, best was 49 sec! Tyres were a bit scrubbed at the end to say the least!!

Dom

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
P22DOM said:
Cheers for the reply's.

Your defecting back Stormy, good choice with the spec. C, just make sure you get down to Power Station to sort out the bump steer etc!

Your right, it was quite weird maxing out!

Cheers Moses, it is defo. the best 8.........after I've spent 1000's to upgrade the engine, brakes, suspension and interior :D :D

First timed lap was 53 sec, best was 49 sec! Tyres were a bit scrubbed at the end to say the least!!

Dom
sounds awesome mate :D i hope u enjoy it for all times, def my fave evo, its mental

·
Registered
502 Posts
"Your defecting back Stormy, good choice with the spec. C, just make sure you get down to Power Station to sort out the bump steer etc!"

Cheers Dom yep straight down to Powerstation for UK fuel remap 4WLA etc.

Which suspension are you running Im thinking of sticking ASTs with progressive springs on?.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The MR RS like mine doesn't come with the Bilstein MR suspension, I have fitted some eibach progressive springs to the standard shocks and am more than happy with the results. I have heard that the AST suspension doesn't work very well with the 05 scoobys including the type 25, although it works very well with the 03/04 models.......just something I've heard.

Power Station might not admit to these alledged problems, have a look on Scooby Net.

Let me know about Brunters later in the year.

Dom

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, the RA went end of last year! I am running the EVO, a Noble GTO3, a M3 convertible(SMG) and the 20V quattro at the moment.

The M3 is my latest addition, a 99 SMG individual which is a real cracker and great when the suns shining :D :D :D

I am a lucky boy!!!!

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
P22DOM said:
The MR RS like mine doesn't come with the Bilstein MR suspension, I have fitted some eibach progressive springs to the standard shocks and am more than happy with the results. I have heard that the AST suspension doesn't work very well with the 05 scoobys including the type 25, although it works very well with the 03/04 models.......just something I've heard.

Power Station might not admit to these alledged problems, have a look on Scooby Net.

Let me know about Brunters later in the year.

Dom
Hi mate.. The Bilstein setup was only an option on the RS version. :p

I was considering the Eibach setup too. Fairly cheap and the results have been good on other Evo's. :)

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
:crackup:

I hear you mate :)
Stuck in traffic for hours on the M1 last night. Warm and muggy with no aircon is **** :cry:

What sort of modifications have you done to the car mate? What kind of power and torque? PM me if you like :p

Cheers

Bazza

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.