Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm looking for a top draw Mitsubishi Evo after selling my 360 HKS last year , trying an Alfa Quadrifoglio and seriously regretting selling the Evo.....

Looking for a 9 GT or RS with a few MR options for the stronger drivetrain or an MR RS but I realise how rare these are . I always wanted more power with the 360 HKS but limited by the 6 speed and didn't want to ruin what it was going any further .

The aim is to build a (very) fast road car that I'll do the odd track day in too but also want it to be usable for long trips round the Highlands etc so not looking for a stripped out, caged, track focused build , either a stock vehicle I can use as a base or a nicely built car but retaining the original interior etc , but this would depends on who's worked on the car and the quality of the build .....

Looking for a high end example here. Import preferred but open to a UK car with a mint underside , original or restored .

Fully appriciate the prices these cars go for now and budget is flexible for the right motor , but also well aware of the junk people seem to think is worth the same as a high grade examples..... might consider a 6 RS / TME too .

Please don't waste my time or yours , I'm in no rush to find the right car and won't pay a ridiculous "try me luck" inflated figure.

Please contact via either PM on here or WhatsApp 07875275097 as I work very long night shifts and don't like calls waking me up 馃槀

Thanks in advance

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I didn't already own a white 9GT I'd be all over that ruri blue example.
One owner it has potential despite the mileage with been in the UK since 05 but never got back to me with underside pictures .

Looking for a high grade fresh import level of quality underneath 馃憤

Premium Member
I got tired of looking in the end as I was after something similar last year and prices seem to have increased again. I ended up with a very good spec Evo x rs.

I am extremely happy with the decision as the car is very good. Admittedly I would only buy a x in manual and a special model. You could get a nice fq400 for your budget that should hit the spot drive wise.

I also own a Evo 4 but I have had some decent spec Evo 7-8鈥檚 so know how they drive etc.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got tired of looking in the end as I was after something similar last year and prices seem to have increased again. I ended up with a very good spec Evo x rs.

I am extremely happy with the decision as the car is very good. Admittedly I would only buy a x in manual and a special model. You could get a nice fq400 for your budget that should hit the spot drive wise.

I also own a Evo 4 but I have had some decent spec Evo 7-8鈥檚 so know how they drive etc.
I had a 9 MR HKS but was limited by the 6 speed. Got an urge for more power but didn't want to ruin it so sold it .

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Last time speaking with Clive he had 6 speed boxes that had been running 600 happily 馃憤馃憤
Stock 6 speed will take 600 if you limit the torque .....

I'll find his details and have a chat with him on what torque the uprated boxes will handle , might help widen the search for a car 馃憤

Zero Fighter
Stock 6 speed will take 600 if you limit the torque .....

I'll find his details and have a chat with him on what torque the uprated boxes will handle , might help widen the search for a car 馃憤
To be honest I always preferred more torque, that said no wonder I managed to destroy 2 gearboxes. Look out for transmission dynamics, that鈥檚 Clive鈥檚 company.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To be honest I always preferred more torque, that said no wonder I managed to destroy 2 gearboxes. Look out for transmission dynamics, that鈥檚 Clive鈥檚 company.
Will do

Hopefully I find something with the RS set up and don't have to worry about it 馃

Premium Member
Hi all

I'm looking for a top draw Mitsubishi Evo after selling my 360 HKS last year , trying an Alfa Quadrifoglio and seriously regretting selling the Evo.....

Looking for a 9 GT or RS with a few MR options for the stronger drivetrain or an MR RS but I realise how rare these are . I always wanted more power with the 360 HKS but limited by the 6 speed and didn't want to ruin what it was going any further .

The aim is to build a (very) fast road car that I'll do the odd track day in too but also want it to be usable for long trips round the Highlands etc so not looking for a stripped out, caged, track focused build , either a stock vehicle I can use as a base or a nicely built car but retaining the original interior etc , but this would depends on who's worked on the car and the quality of the build .....

Looking for a high end example here. Import preferred but open to a UK car with a mint underside , original or restored .

Fully appriciate the prices these cars go for now and budget is flexible for the right motor , but also well aware of the junk people seem to think is worth the same as a high grade examples..... might consider a 6 RS / TME too .

Please don't waste my time or yours , I'm in no rush to find the right car and won't pay a ridiculous "try me luck" inflated figure.

Please contact via either PM on here or WhatsApp 07875275097 as I work very long night shifts and don't like calls waking me up 馃槀

Thanks in advance
Giulia? I鈥檇 be interested in hearing your thoughts as I鈥檓 tempted by one myself

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Giulia? I鈥檇 be interested in hearing your thoughts as I鈥檓 tempted by one myself
Yeah 2020/21 "updated" Giulia Quadrifoglio

If you love how your Evo drives I wouldn't recommend them ..... I wanted to love it but something was missing, then I got issues with it the dealer took 3 months to address so kind of sealed it's fate.

It's hard to say what was wrong with it because it did drive very well and you can push them hard and it is rewarding but ;

Great GT cruiser , seriously good GT and for the odd bit of B road antics , perfect car for 1500 mile tour of Scotland but not focused enough if your in the twisty stuff for most of your time, I took it to my favourite roads in the Yorkshire dales and it just wasn't the same as an Evo .

Loved the style and interior , handled well to be fair in the right suspension mode , nice balance and good front end but no real feel to them at higher speeds especially from the back end , all very soft / neutral and easy to drive but lacking some positivity and not very eventful for a Ferrari powered RWD car, even on track . You couldn't play with it / balance the back end like you'd expect but that could be suspension / tyres and the limited torque. Run very little camber from factory and it makes the whole car very neutral and you've got to be very aggressive to use the back end. Quick steering rack but it feels like your fighting how it's set up to get the most out of it.

Think they are aimed at posers not drivers , straight line fast with 510bhp but tame at 440 ft/lb and safe even in "race mode" which anyone on a QV forum will tell you is dangerous to use on the road and how they've never dared to use it which just baffles me but maybe explains the cars factory set up ......

I did 4500 miles mostly in race , or the T/C cut in at the slightest hint of anything , in any other mode and was the equivalent of throwing an anchor out the back and quite dangerous itself for a keen driver.

It was fun at times and is a fast car (2 seconds a lap faster than my 427/420 9 MR was around Cadwell) , probably due to the ZF 8 speed .

I did think about Ohlins , stage 1 etc to try and make it the car it should have been from factory but I had loads of brake issues so got fed up with it. Dealers take months to look at faults then another month to order parts . It was in Alfa more than my garage.....

Supposed to be Brembo's latest fancy floating discs from factory but they are awful, warped a set in the Yorkshire Moors then another at Blyton Park and very little aftermarket available for them either.

Paint is poor quality, marks and chips at any excuse (fancy Tri coat option too) factory Pirelli tyres are awful , extremely soft so helps those who aren't used to RWD but the tread blocks move at high speeds in corners and wear extremely quickly , like 2500 miles they are done unless your doing motorway driving.

They are fun and I'd have one over the German alternative but they are no Evo , and if your a keen driver you will definitely want one on a weekend test drive before buying . As I say hard to tell you exactly why I wouldn't recommend them but the best way to describe them is that Alfa have built the best RWD saloon they could then softened it up for their typical customers . The modes should address that but don't.

If I hadn't had the brake issues and awful dealer experience then I'd probably have kept it and tried a few tweaks. Worth saying I only used it as a weekend toy and the same with my Evo's , I'd you do long trips Alfa every time as it's the best of both worlds .

They are great fun cars but you are driving it constant thinking this could be better which is such a shame.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts