Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read the artical in Banzai

Nice Mods!!!

Can you give us any idea of the total cost?

Would you recomend one for every day use?

Is the gearing alot different to a GSR?

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tony is Blade so you probably already know most of the stuff about his car if you do a search.....

His RSX is not quite the same as standard and has cost a bit of money I think ;);)

I use my standard RSX for everyday use and find it more than adequate. The gearing is the same as the GSR but it doesn't have AYC and doesn't have ABS or climate control and therefore is lighter than a GSR and slightly quicker.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The standard RSX has a few other differences too - namely the quicker steering rack, titanium turbo and uprated conrod bolts. The ECU is different too!

The amount of money spent on my car would make you weep I am afraid. I could do it all again for substantially less!

Let's see - from a parts point of view only -

Suspension - this is around £10k, which covers the top mounts, strut braces, struts themselves, springs, bushes, roll bars, lower braces and roll-cage.
Brakes - this about £4k covering front/rear AP kits, cylinder brace and front and rear ducts
Bodywork - £2k covering carbon side sills, carbon front splitter, carbon rear wing, paint and stickers. Note that the external mods are not shown in the Banzai article.
Interior - £2k covering carbon interior panels, flocked dashboard, seats, harnesses
Electronics - £4k including ECU, boost controller, turbo timer, stack dash, AP performance meter, intercom and video camera.

Haven't got to the engine yet....

Turbo, Bov and amp;Exhaust - £5k (new turbo not featured in Banzai)
Wheels and amp;Tyres - £2k
Engine work - £6k pistons, cams, cam wheels, rods, bearings, gas flowed head, carbon airbox, filter, intake piping, water injection, intercooler etc. etc.
Fuel system - £1.5k Injectors, pump, fuel rail, regulator (this is all for the new turbo, except the pump)

That is about £36.5k. Add the cost of the car, £26k - £62.5k

Haven't done the labour yet. Haven't listed the mistakes I paid for (like Ralliart stage 1) or the money got back from selling old bits off (about £3k that was).

All in all the car has probably cost about £65k, and would certainly cost that to start again.

I need a lie down now :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, going to add another £3k of bodywork soon - carbon bonnet/boot and rear GT style spoiler

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Makes my maximum spend of £5000 on mods seem like chicken feed!!

But I will go and have another look at the used RSX at Ralliart.

I didn't like white but they do look awesome in the flesh and amp; in photos.

Jeremy

Dilemma - White RSX or Icelle GSR or Silver GSR????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blade

I suppose the Tuscan will be the S with 19 wheels etc.(the article says delivery in april 2002 at the begining then at the end it says it was sold because it was a bag of nails!?)

Jeremy

Is you nickname anything to do with a CBR 900 RR?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm weeping like a flesh wound here ,thats about my mortgage, 1/10th of that price would make my car very quick.but then at 62k I'd buy a Porche that I have always wanted..
I expect PE have bought the porches they have always wanted:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This might seem like a lot of money, but Blade now has a car that would scare a grp a car and has paid a fraction of the cost. And I saw a grp a 6 for sale, 2 rallies old, for the bargain price of £240,000. In that light, I think that Blades car is a real bargain, if you ask me! ( wish my wife would let me spend that much on my car)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blade,
Maximum repect! You have got one seriously amazing EVO, I read the article in Banzai, having no idea it's Blade the mental nutter from MLR forum. I don't normally like cars in white, but your EVO seems a pearlescent white, beautiful. BTW U must be one wealthy Basteed! :) :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keep looking for Banzai - can't find it - is it mail order only. If any ones scanned the article would love to read it. Sounds absoulutly amazing! Respect!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Street

Thanks, but I've tried Witney and amp; Swindon - WHS. No way I'm going into the anti-car City of Oxford to look. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Insbro, the date was a typo. It was a normal Tuscan with 18 s - it was April 2001! Silver RSXs are hard to get hold of. I think white looks the b*ll*x particularly with carbon. Car has changed quite a bit - now has extreme carbon side sills and front splitter, with the rear skirt and front corner pieces painted dark grey to match. Also has Jap style graphics. Looking to get a carbon boot and bonnet, and JUN rear wing too.

Shorty, most of the money has been in parts really - though PE did get me a 6litre bottle of champagne when I got married in June - so they aren't exactly losing money....

Dragon - am completely skint now! Wife has banned any more expenditure... cleverly did that my roping me into buying a new house.. :(

Jerry - the only place I have found it is in my local newsagent! Apparently large WH smith's have them, and lots of service stations do too. I think the services have them too. Chippenham services have them (where the Little chef and travel inn is) - or at least used to!

I will be scanning it on my site soon when I get some time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wicked Evo Blade.

I got a copy yesterday in Guildford train station's WHS.

It would be good to see it in the flesh.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts