Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been offered a tommi mak exhaust for my Evo6 GSR at a very good price , the question is, is it worth changing to the tommi system from my standard system? ive been told its bigger bore and will improve performance, the system is as new as it was taken off the car from new and has been on a lockup ever since.
one other thing whats a HKS dumpvalve worth its new and unopened, with fitting kit for a evo 6?

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
The exhaust is not worth it. IIRC, all it has is a slightly larger tip from the backbox that's all. Definitely not worth paying decent money for it.

HKS SSQV probably around £100(ish)

Andy

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He wants £100 and is as new cat back? but if there is no performance difference its abit pointless.

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
No difference in performance at all. I got a TME exhaust for nothing and didn't actually bother fitting it because it was no different to std apart from the tip on the backbox.

Andy

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
zorst

if i was you id save my money and buy a full stainless system ,
ive just fitted a full system on my car today 3" bore straight through with a 110mm tail pipe from blueflame sounds nice loud but not as loud as a nur spec r and here is the best thing £306+vat for the full system from turbo back,and the car feels like a rally car well sounds like one anyway ha ha :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
zorst

bought it from www.blueflameperformance.co.uk
only thing is when you have it fitted you have to fiddle a bit to get it to fit eg.bend the brackets a bit but its worth it it sounds tastey will get a pic of the tail pipe and email it to you this week ok looks nice as well :D

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:
i like to moon now and again ha ha :crackup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.