Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Tokyo Auto Salon 2002. It's not as great as the shows before. Mostly cars from major manufacturers. Very few tuner booths.

HKS Kansai displayed two Evo 7s. No major parts coming from them as they said HKS themselves will be making a turbo kit for the 7. They do have a carbon fiber hood and a bigger carbon fiber cold air intake.

Bozz Speed displayed one 7 with upgraded exhaust manifold, downpipe, Fcon V, stock turbo. Yuki-san says that HP is up to the 400 range.

Mines has a 7 with mostly cosmetic upgrades like the carbon fiber trunk lip spoiler.

But what made my heart pump faster was what I saw at the HKS booth. It's not the two 7s on display. But the prototype 4G63 engine on display. It showed a cutaway valve cover showing their prototype variable cam timing system on the intake camshaft. They say it's based on the RB26dett system. They developed it for people with big turboes to regain some of the torque lost from the big turbine.

Also, I got to order an intercooler upgrade from ARC and their new air cleaner. I also got to know a tuner who makes titanium exhaust manifolds, downpipe, front pipe, straight pipe and exhaust system for the EVOs. Very good workmanship and very light.

I think thats about it for the EVOs. Just got homw from the airport and wanna take some shuteye. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
update: auto ascii has some news, but the english page hasn't been updated yet. i hope you read japanese...

http://auto.ascii24.com/auto24

1 - 3 of 3 Posts