Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had any experiance with this stroker it, if so could you tell me the good and the bad thing's about this kit as i'm planning on building a 600|PLS|hp engine and am worried about the strength of these components.
PS: any other stroker kits besides jun and crower

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
You want a 600|PLS| hp street car? or a race car? I don't think it would drive very well for a street car... imagine how heavy the clutch has to be!!!!!!! If you are asking about a race car... why waste money on a stoker kit..... The factory crank should be able to handle that power... about the rest will have to go! very easy to get a 500hp car, then add a 100hp shot to NOS!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Fatevo!

A guy I know in France uses the TODA kit for scooby tuning. He says it's cheap but not that good. He exploded a few engines with it, at around 400 bhp...
He told me to go for JUN.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
JUN, mmm, ive used JUN before and their service is FANTASTIC !

*BIG* downside is you have to transfer cash into their Japanese bank
account before they send the parts (no plastic), this takes nerves I can tell you!

Im am seriously considering importing 3 stroker kits , let me know if your interested
in one, you can pay me by plastic , taking the worry out of paying them in advance.

The JUN flywheels I ordered arrived in 7 days, considering thats from Japan,
thats the most amazing service ive ever known.

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm I bought my car like that - transfer money into account :(

Before I had seen it too (only seen it on the Internet) - but had no regrets!! :D :D

But yeah balls of steel, is needed as it is a little unnerving....:)

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
having done the same also and having been to japan i do not think it is a problem
while the price itself may seem like a rip off, it is most unlikely they will rip you off in terms of taking the money and running
still like anything always be careful

if the parts are coming by air always get the air way bill number as typically delays will be at 'your' end with custom and the like

dealing with someone local is a good idea also for peace of mind even if it works out a little dearer

andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
i had a friend in singapore who had the 2.3l kit on his evo. its a must have in my opinion, increased torque throughout especially at low end. in fact he said his car was faster with the stroker kit running 1.0 bar than without it running 1.3 bar. if i'm not wrong, toda racing claims 400bhp with the stroker kit running 1.3 bar ... and its half the price of the jun kit! both kits are race balanced, jun is 2.2l while toda is 2.3l. difference is in the crankshaft. i think the jun one is a steel billet but it doesn't make that much of a difference, plus you're paying for the brand. i think the stroker kit (you can choose the compression ration as well) would go well with a td06-25g turbo or the hks gt3037, plus 272 cams of course. with bigger injectors running 1.7-1.8 bar of boost, you'll probably get at least 500|PLS| bhp. upgrade fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, do porting/extrude hone, get a cusco twin plate clutch, bigger intercooler and tune with motec/autronics. i think that's the basis of getting 500|PLS| bhp reliably.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
if you're extreme enough, you might also want to consider lightening your car -- change the front seats, remove the sound proofing material, replace all nuts and bolts with titanium/aluminium ones, remove abs, ayc and airbags. that could shed you over 100 kg. with 600 bhp your car should be something special ... sub 10 sec quarter-mile possibly? heheh :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Had experience on TODA strokers and don't like them. They supply you with TODA pistons, and cranks, but the rods are stock. On JUN kits, everything is from JUN, piston is from Cosworth. Take note that by stroking the engine, the RPM capability of the engine goes down. Revving up to high RPM might spin the rod bearings.

If you are interested, I do have a JUN stroker kit, brand new, for sale.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
fatevo,

Forgot to ask what your purpose is. Is it just to have a 600hp monster on the street? Drag? or Twisties (circuit). If its on the street and circuit, then a high torque car is what you want. When I had my TODA kit installed, complimented with HKS 3037S, 272 cams, custom intake manifold, Trust intercooler, Motec, etc. The car was one hell of a roller coaster ride. Torque was uber fantastic. But I feel that topend was lacking.

If its for drag racing, then forge pistons and chromemoly rods are ok. Cheaper too. My current setup is 86mm pistons, rods, lighten crank, stock stroke. 100mm TB, custom intake and a Garret T64 turbo (had to grind the block a little to clear this bugger :) ) The car ran 10.9 seconds at 126 MPH running 1.5 bar boost, rev limit at 9500 rpm. It ran with A/C, power steering and full interior. Although I did change the bonnet and boot with carbon fiber pieces from Monster. Boost does come in very late, but when it does, it pins you on the seatbacks and keeps you there until rev limit. I had people throw up after a ride. At the least, some were screaming in the car and some were white and speechless for awhile after the ride. And mind you it was a straight line run and not turning. Must be out of fear ;)

Good luck on what you decide and let us know how it comes out.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
WOW !

Ive been in an 11.08 supra, that was an animal; your evo must be totally insane !!!!!!!!!!!

RESPECT !

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
TurboAWD is spot on about long stroke cars. The standard car is 85x88, whereas most stroked cars are 86x94. A square engine (bore close to stroke) is best for revs. So far high power with aggressive cams, track use etc. the standard car is better.

The stroke kit makes sense when you need lots of low down power - torque - which is on the road, or possibly rallying. Thing is, with a turbo car, you can achieve much the same in different ways - mapping boost across the rev range (as ralliart do with the Extreme S and RS450) and/or anti-lag.

Perhaps an anti-lag, ECU mapped, keep it square and rev highly with aggressive cams is the best way to go - add a big turbo too. Manuel's car is all those things (without the anti-lag).

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Yellow5,

Check out the Members Cars section. The Manuel Go car is TurboAWD's car. I haven't yet had the privilege of riding in it (Jun, I promise I won't throw up :D), but in the metal, it already looks frightening. I was present when they were grinding the block to get the massive turbo in.

Mad mad mad!!! But beautiful!

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
just checked out members cars section. my god! 433bhp to the wheels ... that's good stuff man

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
Jspeed,

Actually, it's 470 Hp now to the wheels :)

Yes, I am selling the Jun kit. I am willing to let it go at what I bought it for. I bought it for 612,000 yen. Buyer pays for shipping. I will get back to you regarding the 3037S kit.

Regards

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
TurboAWD:

Don't think I can afford the JUN kit at this point in time :) Let me know about the turbo (exhaust manifold, external wastegate and all right?)
My email is [email protected]

Cheers mate.

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
TurboAWD, surely you mean it is 470 flywheel hp measured at the wheels, otherwise (allowing 30% losses for a 4WD car, standard for an EVO) - you are producing 670bhp at the flywheel, which frankly I don't believe! I don't think anyone in Japan has produced more than 600bhp, and all of those include stroker kits!

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
Blade,

Yes, it's 470 to the wheels. If you want, I can e-mail you the dyno sheet. With a T64 turbo and 9500 redline, I think it's a possibility. Plus we are using Motecs while the Japanese tuners are satisfied with piggyback ECUs

Dynoing a stock EVO 5, we got about 225Hp to the wheels.

Regards

1 - 20 of 34 Posts