Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. My Evo VI TME has sat in the garage for a few months whilst I have been busy on a couple of other projects. Stupid me forgot to keep trickle charging the battery. Came to start it this morning and car was dead, key fob wouldn't unlock the car etc.

So manually unlocked driver door, popped the bonnet and connected battery charger up to see if I could get life into the battery before buying a new one.

Once I put charger on, alarm started chipping every few seconds, then after minute or two, the alarm started going off. Couldn't disarm with key fob, tried putting keys in ignition and turning on and off etc, no joy.

Key fob battery is fine as green light comes on when pressed.

Can't stop alarm sounding when start trying to charge battery so had to disconnect and give up.

Any ideas of what to do please?

In case it is relevant, the battery charger has one of those neat plug in connectors rather than having to clamp onto the posts.

Thanks

Andy

·
Moderator™
27,618 Posts
Sounds like you need a new battery.... (£80+ for BOSCH S4 Battery 054)

It will be a catch 22 situation your in.... the battery is dead and your alarm will be feeding off the little bit thats left....

Either try a fast charge battery charger and let it go off - then try again....

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,846 Posts
Car's battery has 'croaked' take it off to charge it and lock the car up manually from inside and then the driver's door lock. OR buy an Brand New one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've had this issue with mine. I just disconnected the battery and charged it for a few hours, then reconnected it with the ctek comfort connectors and put it back on charge until battery was full. I think the alarm goes off to warn that the battery is low which drains power faster than the charger puts it in if that makes sense! So getting that initial bit of charge in with the battery disconnected sorts it out. I haven't any issues with my battery since.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had this issue with mine. I just disconnected the battery and charged it for a few hours, then reconnected it with the ctek comfort connectors and put it back on charge until battery was full. I think the alarm goes off to warn that the battery is low which drains power faster than the charger puts it in if that makes sense! So getting that initial bit of charge in with the battery disconnected sorts it out. I haven't any issues with my battery since.
Thanks, got battery out and charging now!

·
Registered
1 Posts
You will need to pair the keyfob with the alarm by pressing both buttons together until the led flashes constantly, it will then be pairing once it stops your alarm will be matched again and the fob will work again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts