Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a dump valve for my Evo 2?

I been told that installing one could decrease the power and cause lag when going through the gears...any advice would be appriciated

:confused:

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Hi

They all have a dump valve. If you want to change from the plastic one, get a metal one from an 8MR or a Forge re-circulating type. VTA tend to cause stalling.

MB

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didnt realise they all had one as standard, I quite like the sound of them but you cant hear one on mine that why I was thinking of putting one on....any ideas where I could get my hands on one??

·
Registered
108 Posts
this is because the standard one on yours is a recirculating dump valve which puts the air back into the system what you need is a vent to atmosphere to get that pssssst sound

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So if I was to put one on that didnt recirculate would I get any running problems?.....its only because I like the psssst sound that I was going to put one on but if its going to cause problems or lack of power then I will probably leave it

·
Registered
779 Posts
hi have the blitz super sound on mine sounds great. and i have never had any idling problems etc.

as for losing power i maybe wrong but dont think you lose any..

·
Registered
122 Posts
i had hks one but took it off because it didnt feel quite right and car would stall at junctions. was told to get a recirc one

·
Registered
755 Posts
i got a bailys one on mine.. never had any issues..

yeah it does take a tiny bit longer for the turbo to spool up as its got to replace the air.. but it does sound good lol..

no running issues.. tho i may change back to the standard soon

·
Registered
60 Posts
I want to put a recirculating one on my IV. I am assuming it has the other type because it gives the pssss noise when i come of the fast pedal. What will be a good one to use and can i fit it myself. I am not over keen on the delay you get from the non recirculating type and want to go back to factory if you like.

Cheers

·
Registered
178 Posts
i have blitz one on my evo 4 and got no prob with mine

yeh u do get a bit of lag and loose abit of power but its cheaper than buying a turbo or reconing it every 45000 miles because the standard valve only dumps half of what a aftermarket valve will.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
bez+steph GSR 4 said:
i have blitz one on my evo 4 and got no prob with mine

yeh u do get a bit of lag and loose abit of power but its cheaper than buying a turbo or reconing it every 45000 miles because the standard valve only dumps half of what a aftermarket valve will.
Thats a bold statment. Do you have any facts to back this up? Given that most after market DVs that use the stock IC pipe will have the same diamiter hole for the DV to draw the excess presure through, the stock DV would have to be a horribly ineficent design for an aftermaket DV to show a 100% increase in vented gas. How do you explain all the Evos that have a lot more than 45000 m iles on them that don't have an after market DV. Where are the power graphs that show cars loosing power?

MB

·
Registered
60 Posts
Can anybody recommend the best recirculating dunp valve ?. I think the quicker turbo pick up will siut my driving style better and i wont have the car for 45000 miles so not over worried about any issues with turbo wear etc.

Cheers

Carl

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Hi

Here's the link to Forge DV It's easy to fit, you just need a screw driver, but you will have to have the same pipe work as the stock DV.

Don't worry about the 45000, thats rubish.

MB

1 - 20 of 25 Posts