Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what modifications I can do to my Evo 6 and still keep my warranty.
It is a UK car brought through a Mitsubishi garage.
Can anybody advise which induction kit to buy, because I thought the HKS was the best untill I have read post on register.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am sure that somebody wiser than me will give their opinion, but I would get written confirmation from CCC before doing anything as it seems they change the rules as they go along!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I spoke to CCC and they said that no mods were allowed unless Mitsubihi parts, but other in register seem to have had different answers.
Ralliart say an induction kit and exhaust is ok, anybody heard anything different.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they are happy with HKS items as long as they are fitted by a ralliart dealier, just wont cover those under the warranty.

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My garage said that in the event of anything going wrong that as long as I keep all the original parts they would just stick em all back on again before making the warrenty claim. I shan't be going any further then exhaust (already done) and induction though (well I have fitted a rear strut brace aswell but that don't really count!)

I'm the same as you Rich, E6 TME and really can't decide what induction system to fit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cookie,

Don't bother with an induction kit.

Just go for a performance panel filter and a battery re-location kit.

No need for a heatsheild then !

WRC's / Group A's / N's do not use induction kits.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cookie,

The Ralliart performance panel filter 'RA188657S2' IMO is the way to go if you dont
want to fit an expensive induction kit. Keep the standard airbox but relocate.

This item looks the biz with its red anodised outer box and definately free's the
breathing up :)

Cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts