Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to buy a Ralliart ECU but it has come out of a TME Monte Carlo RS.

It is pictured below and not in a case so no known RA part number but it has a number on the board.

Has anyone fitted one to a GSR or a ra ECU from an ordinary RS in a GSR???

If so does it screw up the A/C as i beieve this is controlled by the ECU or is it ok?

cheers for any advice on this as myself and the seller are still aiting for a definitive answer.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Was looking to buy this myself, the only thing that was doubtful was, I didn't think the car would come fitted with a Ralliart ecu as standard, and why the original case is not available if it was fitted after?? and then an aftermarket ecu fitted in original case it should possibly still be fitted on the car, if you see what I mean,

Can't you try it out and check the difference in performance? I'm sure Chubbs could do this to secure a sale if its off the car, good luck, its worth the hassle. 'cos its a great price you'll get it for. :D

Cheers Paul

PS I also tried to buy a standard ecu out of an RS Sprint some time ago thinking it was a Ralliart item, but the owner told me it was a standard ecu, HTH

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
As far as I am aware the TME RS EVO has the same power output as a standard EVO and neither of them come with a Ralliart Sports ECU as standard.

Ive never heard of the Ralliart Sports ECU (RA420996R1) being sold outside its white ECU case.

The circuit board looks just like a standard ECU (not that it should look any different because all that has changed are the maps). Shown below is the standard ECU for a V GSR, the only difference to the one in your pic is the PCB number JE331B1153C. This board must have been up issued at some point as the VI has a D in the boards serial number.

The only way you would know is by fitting it, if you hit fuel cut at around ~1.3 bar then you know :D

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
SUSSEX REIMS said:
If so does it screw up the A/C as i beieve this is controlled by the ECU or is it ok?
The 'white' Sports ECU does not affect the working of the A/C.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AlBoy said:
i would of thought that if it effects your ATC then the light will come on, i was under the inpretion that a RA ECU is a RA ECU, the only different model was the GRP N one
Yeh me too, have also found that Ralliart have been know to apply the map to standard ECU's or replace the relevant chip with this information. Not sure how true this is but might explain like Span said the part number being the same as the standard ECU.

Like people have said it may be the case of plugging it in and seeign if it cuts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts