Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, with the Evo 6.5 tme they came with an original black dash with red numbering. Question is - the main dash ( Tacho / Speedo ) lights on my car are getting a bit dim, I would like to change them to LED's. Do I replace them with White bulbs or Red bulbs ?? I have not ordered anything yet.
If someone can also check the small "odometer window" at night, is it more whitish then reddish, meaning maybe white LED's, ( or a mix ) I could be wrong, I'm not sure just throwing it out there.....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update - Ordered Red & White LED's ( they are only $16 for the Evo 6 kit and you get 5 large and 2 small ) great turn around, received both sets of them today.
I went all Red, changed the 4 main large globes and one small globe just under the left indicator tube, 5 in total you have to do ( you get a spare large and spare small ). The rest are basicly single whites for ayc, handbrake, seatbelt, door, etc etc, I left as is.
Waited till dark and lights on, looks great. LED's really brighten things up. Happy with the Red, does the job nicely. Will update on the Whites when & if I fit on a lazy rainy day if I'm not going sideways........

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,846 Posts
Where did you order your LEDs for behind the dash please? I have a bulb gone and was thinking of replacing the lot. I have a VI GSR so plain white will do the job.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sunlinesauto2014 on Ebay, they are based in Australia.
Look for: White LED Dash Gauge Light Kit - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution.

You can ask them the question via email for maybe and extra 14 small whites plus the kit, that will cover, all you need.
When i was fitting them in, a couple didn't work, so pull them out and turn them 180 degrees, push them back in and they worked ( a sticker says that on the packet ).
Good luck......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts