Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the VI GSR the titanium turbo was not available but was on the RS.

If you were buying a VII should you specify the Titanium turbo (as all Ralliart Dudley cars are specced)?

Reason - offered both one with one without.

Cheapest is £24,500 with standard turbo and no cold weather pack. Also with 5500 miles, but in Silver and on a Y plate!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It really depends on the price difference. If the prices are similar then go for the TT version otherwise don't bother and save some cash for other mods.
By the way I have an E6 GSR RS with Titanium Turbo ;) (don't ask as I am liable to cry again!)
Do I notice the difference.....nope! (it was 4 weeks between driving an ordinary GSR and the GSR RS though so difficult to compare)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BlueEvo

If they are both 7 GSR's, there are a few questions you need to ask yourself. Firstly, what are the extras and how much would they add to a car. Are those extras worth anything to you. For instance, if one has tracker and the other not, it is only worth the extra if you would fit tracker anyway. The next question is how much you value the warranty.

There are various views about the titanium turbo. Some say that it delivers the power a bit smoother and lower down because it spins up quicker however it probably is only noticable in a back to back test. Some tuners prefer to use the standard turbo, but most prefer the titanium.

So, you pay your money and you take your choice. I am sure if you post the specs then others will comment on the desirability of the goodies .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe to get stage 1 done by Ralliart costs around £3000 although it can be done cheaper. This does give you worthwhile extra performance. So, you could buy the cheaper car, have the equivelent of stage 1 done and the cold weather kit and still have some change. But you will not have the rest of the 3 year warranty, if you think that is important. I personally do. Others will tell you that doing any more tuning than that will invalidate the warranty, but my experience is that if you get the work done by Ralliart and ask them before hand, they are prepared to warranty extra work as well. However, don't take my word on it. If further tuning is important, ask Ralliart.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I would buy the cheaper car. Stage One as mentioned by Simon, won't add £3k later in life. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts