Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I tell if the turbo is the titaniun edition? what are the markings on the housing? are all the EVO 6 and 7 turbos made from titanium?
thanks,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You can find out if your car has the titanium turbo by the chassis number or at least
Ralli-Art in Dudley did for me. I'm sure if you send a nice Email to them they'd help you out.
Or maybe someone has a chassis 'decoder'?
On my E7 it was an optional extra(not RA car), but I'm sure RA(UK) cars come with it as standard.
So I figure the E6 would have been the same(optional when ordered as new), But I beleive the E6 TME had it as standard. Not sure about the rest of the range i.e RS etc

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tit turbo (LOL) is standard on the E6 RS and all TME, optional on the GSR. I assume on the E7 RS it's standard (but don't quote me on that) but optional on the GSR.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some one is just selling the tubo, so I can't check the chassis of the car.. are there any markings on the turbo itself???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There should be, I will have a look tonight. I have a tity turbo on me motor and a steel one in the back of me garage (E6 GSR btw).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On the side of the std turbo you will find some numbers and letters, the second line will start something like (tdo5hra).This is a titanium turbo, if the letter a is missing (tdo5hr) then this is a inconnel (nickel based alloy) turbo. The titanium turbo is standard on the E7 RS and an option on the GSR,also the actuators are different for each of the turbo,s mentioned unlike the E6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.