Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on hitting the track for the first time in my newly purchased evo 6, as I plan on making this a regular thing can anyone suggest the best way to handle the tires, I'm thinking about buying a second set just for track days, if I did what should I go for, or should I just buy a new road set and use the old ones for the track?

Thoughts?

Def.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'd definetely get another set for the track, and make it slicks or intermediates. When I went on my first trackday this year, almost everyone had slicks, which makes a huge difference in speed. But more importantly, as I realised after the day, you'll shag your roadtires for sure. The edges will wear off and they'll get hard as rock, cause they've been overheated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Co-ord sport sell second hand slick that fit 17in Evo wheels. (Yokohama)

They are approx £50 each including vat.

I used them all day at Oulton Park in very hot conditions and had very little wear on them, fantastic tyres that warm up quickly and don't go off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Def,
If im towing my EVO up to a track day, then I bring along Rally support van, and can bring up some extra 17 wheels with part worn slicks on, which your welcome to wreck for me if you hire the rim for £ 50 cash, normally £ 200 for 4, that should last the day. I only offer this to MLR owners. let us know when your next out again.
Roger B

1 - 6 of 6 Posts