Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My time with the 260 is coming to an end..

Generally, it's a much nicer car to drive. The 5-speed box in particular is perfect. Dodgy way of selecting reverse, but I got used to it after a while.

The clutch felt really nice after mine, but I've been noticing a bit of slipping these days.

The seats aren't very nice - there's something that sticks into your back!

The turbo seems computer limited - it feels like its about to run a bit harder then suddenly theres a jolt as some sort of limiter stops it at about 5k revs.

On a sidenote went down to Owen Developments today - very impressive facilities down there. Brian was very kind to show me around and explain absolutely everything I wanted to know about the 400 - I saw my turbo in bits and where the metal had been rubbing since it was broken. Nice dyno too! Met Mark who I'd been speaking to on the phone and he was very helpful and promised to get me my car back by thursday. I'm looking forward to him taking me for a spin in the 450 demo car next time I go round to them!

So two more days left of the 260 before the 400 comes back, and though I obviously can't wait, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to miss this 260 the next time I'm stuck in traffic up a hill!

;)

·
Registered
15,205 Posts
FQ400-#018 said:
My time with the 260 is coming to an end..

Generally, it's a much nicer car to drive. The 5-speed box in particular is perfect. Dodgy way of selecting reverse, but I got used to it after a while.

The clutch felt really nice after mine, but I've been noticing a bit of slipping these days.

The seats aren't very nice - there's something that sticks into your back!

The turbo seems computer limited - it feels like its about to run a bit harder then suddenly theres a jolt as some sort of limiter stops it at about 5k revs.

On a sidenote went down to Owen Developments today - very impressive facilities down there. Brian was very kind to show me around and explain absolutely everything I wanted to know about the 400 - I saw my turbo in bits and where the metal had been rubbing since it was broken. Nice dyno too! Met Mark who I'd been speaking to on the phone and he was very helpful and promised to get me my car back by thursday. I'm looking forward to him taking me for a spin in the 450 demo car next time I go round to them!

So two more days left of the 260 before the 400 comes back, and though I obviously can't wait, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to miss this 260 the next time I'm stuck in traffic up a hill!

;)
thats all very well in the 260 :confused: but in the 400 you will be able to take a golf gti :crackup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts