Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI THINK OF BUYING a 2007 evo9 fq mr 360 in white 43k this spec, its running about 480 bhp arrow rods not forged pistons, stabdard clutch the guy selling it sounds really genuine, the car looks fantastic on pics, my querys are will the clutch take the power,and the pistons whats it worth cheers

Build No 87.
Year of manufacture, 2007. mileage now. 43,500
1.TURBO HKS 7460 GT11.
2.3" THERMAL LOGIC ELBOW
3. 3" SCORPION DOWN PIPE
4. FULL RACE MANIFOLD
5.4" ROSSSPORT AND K&N FILTER
6. ID 1,000cc INJECTORS
7. APEXI AVCR
8. ARROW CONRODS
9. FELFORD CAMS
10. TIAL BO11.
12. DEFI GUAGES
13. NEW CAMBELT & TENSIONERS
14. ZAKLEE CLEAR CAM COVER
15. KOYO RAD
16.SLIMLINE FAN
17. BATTERY RELOCATE BOOT
18. GREEDY F & R STRUT BRACE'S
19. CARBON MUD FLAPS
20. MLR SEAT COVERS FRONT
21. SPEC R HEADER TANK & STEERING
22. ALL OE PARTS TO PUT BACK TO STD SPEC
23. SPEEDLINE WHEELS WITH NEW ADO8 YOK'S
24. RALLIART CARBON WING MIRRORS

·
Premium Member
10,873 Posts
HI THINK OF BUYING a 2007 evo9 fq mr 360 in white 43k this spec, its running about 480 bhp arrow rods not forged pistons, stabdard clutch the guy selling it sounds really genuine, the car looks fantastic on pics, my querys are will the clutch take the power,and the pistons whats it worth cheers

Build No 87.
Year of manufacture, 2007. mileage now. 43,500
1.TURBO HKS 7460 GT11.
2.3" THERMAL LOGIC ELBOW
3. 3" SCORPION DOWN PIPE
4. FULL RACE MANIFOLD
5.4" ROSSSPORT AND K&N FILTER
6. ID 1,000cc INJECTORS
7. APEXI AVCR
8. ARROW CONRODS
9. FELFORD CAMS
10. TIAL BO11.
12. DEFI GUAGES
13. NEW CAMBELT & TENSIONERS
14. ZAKLEE CLEAR CAM COVER
15. KOYO RAD
16.SLIMLINE FAN
17. BATTERY RELOCATE BOOT
18. GREEDY F & R STRUT BRACE'S
19. CARBON MUD FLAPS
20. MLR SEAT COVERS FRONT
21. SPEC R HEADER TANK & STEERING
22. ALL OE PARTS TO PUT BACK TO STD SPEC
23. SPEEDLINE WHEELS WITH NEW ADO8 YOK'S
24. RALLIART CARBON WING MIRRORS
Nice spec mate, depends on the price obviously!!

Pistons will be ok, but that's generally considered to be the limit, 500 - 550 is really pushing it.. Clutch wise and I'm not talking from experience but most people on here say as long as your not launching and driving like a nob all the time it should be fine..

Personally I would have it in my mind that my first jobs were to look into forged pistons, and maybe you can knock him a bit to help cover a clutch when it goes??

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
The guy replaced the rods but not pistons when they had to come out!

Its been thrown together.
Im biased though

·
Premium Member
8,643 Posts
5 or 6 speed?

Whatever one I'd still be looking at budgeting for a new clutch.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for response theres old turbo 2 sets wheel and all original parts he wants 21k all in a bit strong I think I feel 18.5 to 19k is right but saying that only 5 in white in uk and mint thete one on pistonheads of a trader for 25k

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
That's steep money! It's not fully forged? Does it have top spec suspension? You could buy one with lesser spec and do it yourself. Things like clear cam belt cover? Big deal. Ooh look at my belt. Lol
Just seems a lot of money and there are better ones out there mate for that money.
You could have a well sorted X for that price. Oh and as for the clutch? The standard IX clutch is good up to about 450 if looked after. You'd need to change it.

Everything from 12 onwards on your list you're only talking couple hundred pounds really.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's steep money! It's not fully forged? Does it have top spec suspension? You could buy one with lesser spec and do it yourself. Things like clear cam belt cover? Big deal. Ooh look at my belt. Lol
Just seems a lot of money and there are better ones out there mate for that money.
You could have a well sorted X for that price.

Everything from 12 onwards on your list you're only talking couple hundred pounds really.
ye going off it a bit now I think he thinks the spares are worth 2-3k dealers have 23-25k on these at garages

Attachments

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
He has got Arrow rods in but not changed pistons and fully forged? Seems odd... He might aswell banged some cheaper rods in, I'd be skeptical that they are Arrow. Price seems so high but spec isn't all good. My single plate Helix Organic completely crapped itself once I upped to alittle over 400bhp at sprints with little launching, so wouldn't fancy standard clutch on those HKS7460 turbos. Those turbos are hit and miss also, research in to them mate. I'd personally want to have more of a car for that money. As Mike says, what suspension is it running?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He has got Arrow rods in but not changed pistons and fully forged? Seems odd... He might aswell banged some cheaper rods in, I'd be skeptical that they are Arrow. Price seems so high but spec isn't all good. My single plate Helix Organic completely crapped itself once I upped to alittle over 400bhp at sprints with little launching, so wouldn't fancy standard clutch on those HKS7460 turbos. Those turbos are hit and miss also, research in to them mate. I'd personally want to have more of a car for that money. As Mike says, what suspension is it running?
standard shocks suspension

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
Just another white IX MR, GSR base with loads of FQ badges stuck to it with a big price tag.

Buy direct from Japan :smthumbup

1 - 20 of 20 Posts