Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Would like some advice please, hubby is doing a tv programme next week for a new programme called 5th gear with Tiff Niddell, Vicky henderson and Quentin, all meeting at Bruntingthorpe for the day with hubby's Gtir racing a Porsche Twin Turbo, now question is..... i have the opportuninty to take my new evo also, now i could take the sneaky opportunity to take it round the track but never been there before and never done the track thing yet!, has anyone been round bruntingthorpe and whats it like, will it do my car some damage, the track will be empty so me on my own, Dave from DP will be there with me but should i do it as i dont know the tracks condition, but for a 1st time round the track and to have the opportunity to be alone, what are peoples thoughts?

Cheers guys

Debs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not answering your question about the track, but isn't that the replacement for Top Gear that has been dropped by BBC2?

I would also say give it a go on the track, get the car prepared and take it steady :). I haven't done a Trackday either but it can only be fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Debs, Bruntingthorpe is a nice track - it is really an airfield, so mostly marked with cones - lots of run off, hardly any armco. Very, very safe place to go for your first time out.

What is the event they are filming? Need another EVO :D ???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Evo Girl Racer - I would definately give it a go. Bruntingthorpe has a nice 2 mile straight, with a series of turns, mainly right turns and not really anywhere where you could do some real damamge, except for the big bend before the straight.

I would ask Dave from DP to take you round the track, as he will throw the car rounds those corners.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
with a series of turns, mainly right turns

Hardly a surprise given that it's a clockwise circuit :D

(Sorry ... couldn't resist ;) )

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it's a very fast track,and suitable for very fast cars, on the backstrait is 2 mile long and the nearside strait is 1,1/2 long, this track will sort out , people that think they have fast car's, this track is the best to sort out which one has the faster car to an extent . I love brunters, even if you lose your car you shouldn't hit nothing , best of luck :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll second that. Brunters is an excellent, fast and flowing track. 145mph on the track straight is very achievable (if you have enough power :D ) but don't expect there to be much left on your tyres afterwards. Very harsh surface and very high cornering speeds is enough to finish them off pretty quickly :(

Ian.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts